Policy and Programme Specialist (Biodiversity) – FAO
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assess policy environment, and prepare proposals and working plans for technical support to policy and programme design and implementation;
- Provide direct policy and technical assistance to governments, and identify and/or arrange for the provision of specific national and/or regional expertise on a need basis;
- Propose and implement activities to establish mechanisms for cross-sectoral implementation and coordination of policies and programmes related to the sustainable use and management biodiversity across agricultural sectors;
- Establish working relations with appropriate regional, national and local institutions to ensure effective implementation of activities supported by the project;
- Provide technical and managerial assistance for the integration of ecosystem-based measures in agriculture production, for the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity;
- Contribute to the monitoring of the adoption of ecosystem-based practices and provide evidence-based feedback on policy effectiveness;
- Create and engage in networks of collaboration amongst technical specialists to promote synergies between biodiversity management in production systems and chemicals management;
- Document and select case studies on successful impact to inform policy dialogues at all levels, side events and other relevant events;
- Organise national and regional workshops and trainings, events and progress review and planning meetings with relevant stakeholders and the programme team;
- Ensure proper implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities under his/her responsibility.
- University degree in agriculture, biodiversity, environmental and economic sciences.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in supporting policy processes, programme implementation and capacity-building activities related to biodiversity and pesticide management; and in the organisation of international, inter-governmental and/or technical meetings on related themes.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or of Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
- Familiarity with the relevant Multilateral Environmental Agreements;
- Extent and relevance of work experience in biodiversity in the context of food and agriculture systems;
- Extent and relevance of experience working with regional, national and local institutions, with cross-sectoral experience considered an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in policy-oriented technical assistance, policy implementation and capacity building on biodiversity conservation and management in the context of food and agriculture systems;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, from government officials to farmers;
- Experience in supporting project management activities, previous experience with FAO will be an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to formulate, draft and finalize clear technical and policy documents, guidelines and manuals;
- Work experience in ACP countries.
Closing date for applications 30 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com