RTI’s International Development Group (www.rti.org/idg) is accepting expressions of interest from qualified professionals for the position of Finance and Admin Assistant under the USAID funded All Children Reading Cambodia project.
The All Children Reading-Cambodia project will improve the early grade reading skills of children in grades 1 to 3 in Cambodia. The project will assist the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (MoEYS), its development partners (DPs), and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) to harmonize approaches, and support the implementation of early grade reading interventions in Kampong Thom in the 2018-2019 school year. The Finance and Admin Assistant will serve as a member of the All Children Reading-Cambodia project team with the responsibility of supporting the work related to inclusive education for children with disabilities in two districts in Kampong Thom (Stueng Sen, Kampong Svay).
The key project activities include: training teachers; conducting disability screenings; communicating with families of children with disabilities; and providing bridge to preschool supports (aged between 4-8 years) who are deaf or blind, and who are not currently in school. Volunteer learning facilitators will support these younger learners through one-to-one tuition to prepare them for entry to primary school.
In this context, the Finance and Admin Assistant will work together with the IE field team and provide the supports on finance, logistics and administration to the IE related activities. For the day to day operational activities, it is required to report to the IE Team Leader. For the finance related tasks/ issues, it is expected to coordinate with and seek advice/ support from the Finance and Admin in Phnom Penh Office when necessary to ensure full compliance with RTI’s policies.
The Finance and Admin Assistant will be based in Stueng Sen town, Kampong Thom province. The responsibilities for the job are described as follows:
- Work with IE Team Leader to prepare monthly and weekly plan on the logistic supports and provide the logistical supports on timely manner as planned
- Handle the logistic supports for IE field team, including office supplies/ stationary, car rental, training/ meeting venues, photocopying and preparation for training materials, request for workshop supplies, request for cash advance, and request for travel advance
- Work with IE Team Leader to prepare and submit bi-weekly CMR forecast to the IE Advisor at Phnom Penh office
- Work with Finance and Admin team in Phnom Penh office to prepare and deliver the payments to the participants attending project workshops in the field and other related activities, strictly following RTI’s travel policy and ensuring complete supporting documents required by the RTI’s policies
- Consult with the Finance and Operation Specialist in Phnom Penh Office to ensure that any procurement must abide by the RTI’s procurement rules and regulations
- Handle inventory for RTI’s property (>$500) and Managed equipment (<$500) and submit inventory quarterly report to Finance & Operations Specialist
- At the end of each month, collect bank statement by the 1st of the next month and send to Phnom Penh Office. If it falls on the weekend or public holiday may collect it on the working day following that.
- Collect advice from bank as need with scan and send to Phnom Penh Office. Daily update cash book, bank book and send excel cash book and bank book balance to Phnom Penh Office by weekly basis
- At field level, handle the payments to the service providers/ vendors related to the expenses for referral supports of the kids such as glasses, hearing aids
- Deal with petty cash/ daily operational funds up to the amount limited in RTI’s operational policy and handle daily cash count with signed and properly filling
- Ensure all documents are properly organized, following the established filling system of the Project
- Coordinate the timely processing and payment of all field staff’s travel claims and other expenses, vendor and supplier payments and other transaction with Finance
- Handle with scanning, copying and filing all receipts and financial documents as necessary and send the original supporting documents to the Finance and Operation Specialist in Phnom Penh Office on timely manner
- Assist in the collection/ collation of data or information needed in the preparation for reports as necessary, including collection and encoding of the Attendance Sheets for cost share reporting
- Assist the IE field team with preparing letters and other correspondences and making meeting appointments as needed
- Maintain a database of all incoming and outgoing communications, handle shipping/ mailing and delivery of outgoing communications
- Receive telephone calls and perform receptionist duties as needed on professional manner
- Perform other tasks assigned by the IE Team Leader
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Consecutive 2 years of experience related to admin and finance in international NGO
Desired Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/ finance;
- Experience in working with teachers and local government people preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to be located in Kampong Thom Province;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with a problem-solving, proactive attitude, and capacity to work both independently and as a collaborative team player;
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Computer skills;
- Language skills: Khmer, and good command of English preferred
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.