Finance Associate (GFATM)
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of UNDP and GF operational strategies;
- Accounting and administrative support;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing;
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
1. Ensures provision of support to management of ongoing project activities, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records, GF reports and audit follow up;
- Solid understanding on the Accounting Principles and Audit Procedures to ensure that all financial transactions will refer to the guide lines of UNDP;
- Implementation of the effective Internal Control Framework.
2. Ensures effective accouting and administrative services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of all types of vouchers for GFATM related projects and PO vouchers for GFATM programme along with supporting documents;
- Effect payments using ATLAS programme, ensuring accuracy of computation and completeness of supporting documentation and preparing for payments (check and bank transfer);
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments;
- Prepare and maintain quarterly advances and financial reports and keep a track of all funds released;
- Prepare necessary documentation for quarterly advances and their settlement in line with the UNDP standard financial procedures;
- Assist in the preparation and modifications of budgets for projects;
- Maintain and prepare monthly account reconciliation for all SRs;
- Prepare budget revisions, as required and maintain updated the projects information in ATLAS;
- Prepare for annual audits of PR and SRs (inclusive SSRs if any) as required by the GF and ensure that external auditors have all relevant information. Follow up on audit reports to ensure that recommendations in audit reports are implemented;
- Assist in Analysing and providing reasons for the budget variances between the actual and budgeted expenditures for both PR and SR expenditure;
- Maintain an accessible filing system in the project relating to finance;
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, POs and other entitlements are duly processed;
- Timely corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers;
- Prepare necessary documentation related direct implementation and timely release of funds, their settlement in line with the UNDP standard financial procedures;
- Initiates correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions as required, also propose improvements in the practices of the programme to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness;
- Act as a backup to the Asset Focal point in the maintenance of records on assets management.
3. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Supports the organization of trainings for the GF staff on Finance;
- Supports the synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Finance;
- Participation in the training for the operations/programme staff;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting and/or Finance, certified public accountant or hold CPA degree is desirable.
Secondary education. BA /BSc degree in Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, Finance and any other related fields would be desirable but it is not a requiremen.
Min five (6) years (with Secondary education), or, min three (3) years (with Bachelor Degree) of relevant experience in finance/accouting and/or administration or programme support service.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Candidates with experience in dealing with GFATM projects would be having a distinct advantage.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.