The Middle East Regional Office was created in January 2014 as part of NRC’s reorganization process. We currently have more than 2,000 staff in the Middle East assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan and Palestine, working in the shelter, education, food security, legal assistance and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs. As an integral part of the overall mandate of NRC we rely heavily on strong and supportive administrative teams to ensure our programmes run smoothly, on time and on budget. Essential to this function is our Support Manager/Head of Support role, who leads and motivates teams of skilled support staff.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a motivated dynamic candidate, with excellent technical knowledge in Food Security and Livelihoods programs. Our preferred candidate is someone who has a minimum of 5 years of experience in Food Security in humanitarian emergencies, development and recovery contexts. Professional knowledge of humanitarian principles; and fluency in English, both written and verbal is mandatory. Strategic direction, quality assurance and quality control will be the key success indicators of the position with a focus on livelihood strategies and coping mechanisms for communities.
Our Food Security and Livelihoods experts develop and manage sustainable livelihoods initiatives and provide technical guidance to the livelihoods components of NRC’s programmes.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and refine NRC strategy related to Food Security and Livelihoods.
- Provide support to programs by offering technical guidance on Food Security and Livelihood programming, from basic tools to SOPs and guidelines essential to quality programming.
- Build capacity within NRC by developing training materials, organizing workshops and trainings targeting NRC and partner staff.
- Contribute to fundraising for livelihoods activities and manage relationships with relevant donors/partners. This includes developing written proposals, budgets and donor reports; identifying trends, technical standards and donor priorities
- Lead the start-up, assessments and implementation of food security-related livelihoods projects.
- Collaborate with all other Core Competencies on assessments, analysis, design and implementation of NRC programs
- Provide technical guidance to food security teams and support function
Contract Period: Short term/12 month and 24 month assignments Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale
Please take note:
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
These posts are often located in non-family duty stations.
Please quote reference: ‘Food Security’ and attach a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org