Life is too short for a boring job! Do you want an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at the world’s leading wind turbine manufacturer? In this position, you will have the opportunity to put your fingerprint on the future designs that we offer.
Mechanical Engineering > Nacelle Engineering > Nacelle Front Structure
Technology & Service Solutions are the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Technology & Service Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future.
In the department, we are responsible for design and analysis from the early concept study to the final specification for production. Additional we are also looking ahead to verify new technologies, which can be implemented into future projects. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong technical commitment. You will face a challenging workday where you will drive various projects. We work with the leading software for the industry and our ambitions are high.
As specialist, you will be accountable for both technical and leadership responsibilities, which includes:
- Skilled in mechanical engineering and design as well as structural analysis using FE tools, preferably Ansys.
- Skilled in structural verification of bolt connections.
- Skilled in understanding of turbine loads.
- Experience with 3rd party certification, system interface design and stakeholder management.
- Experience with extreme and fatigue analysis and on materials and its properties.
- Strong Knowledge about FE scripting, fracture mechanics, and topology optimization.
- Knowledge of system engineering tools like DFMEA, HSE assessments, documentation.
Leadership responsibilities include:
- Support strategic work and department development, both technical and behavioral.
- Supporting implementation of business initiatives, supporting Vestas´s interest across the value chain.
- Act as role model, it’s natural for you to knowledge share, lead, guide and advise your colleagues.
- Leading on the technical development on the front structure system.
- Being part of development of functional excellence in the Structural area
- Possess a high degree of personal planning and focusing on timely deliverables.
- Good English communication skills in oral and writing.
Furthermore, your assignments will include complex development of new systems and concepts to implementation of improvements of existing products. You will be working in project teams supporting right quality, knowledge sharing and ensuring a pipeline of new technology. You will be supporting our system leads ensuring that we take the right decisions in our design.
Working with areas requires that you master multiple competences for a mechanical engineer. You will have to master casted iron components, bolt connections and contacts in general, material understanding, NDT, tolerance chain analysis, manufacturability etc. All these in relation to a full value chain perspective.
- Mechanical Engineer M.Sc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience preferably within the wind turbine industry.
- Very experienced in FE, casted structural components and material science.
- Comfortable with decision-making and being responsible for theseHigh degree of personal planning and able to meet deadlines.
- Focus on the project scope and able to understand the impact a scope change will have on the project
- Process oriented and structured work approach. Self-driven, but also a strong team player and motivator
- Skilled and interested in stakeholder management including coordination, planning and reporting.
You should also be able to identify yourself with our values:
- Proactive mindset.
- Be passionate – Envision and live the Vestas brand.
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment. For the right candidate, we support career opportunities and see this role being a good qualifier for further growth. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
Work location is Aarhus, Denmark. Up to 20 days travel per year can be expected.