Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 44 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $151 million.
Gender Specialist, Kenya
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Gender Specialist for the anticipated USAID funded Kenya Feed the Future Crop and Dairy Market Systems Development Activity. The purpose of the activity is to increase agricultural productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers and other actors along the value chain, thereby enhancing food security and improving nutrition. The Gender Specialist will be responsible for mainstreaming gender into the analysis and design of program activities including program implementation, monitoring, evaluation, organizational structure and operations.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming across all project activities and ensure the FTF project upholds ACDI/VOCA’s commitment to gender equity.
- Oversee/Conduct project gender analysis of gender relations and develop gender-sensitive messaging and training materials.
- Deliver trainings on gender-sensitive extension and market approaches to local stakeholders using ACDI/VOCA’s GenderFirst approach.
- Using results of gender analysis, other program assessments and the USAID/Kenya gender strategy, lead the development and integration of a project gender strategy.
- Prepare and lead gender-focused training sessions for staff to ensure gender is appropriately addressed in all project activities
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, anthropology, women’s studies, or other related discipline, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years’ experience in food security, nutrition or agriculture, including three years concentrating on gender and development issues
- Ability to write coherent and analytical reports is required.
- Clear understanding of gender roles in Kenya is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, strong negotiation, diplomacy, and team work skills required.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, conducting focus groups and surveys is preferred.
- Prior experience with USAID projects, procedures, policies, reporting requirements is preferred
- Fluency in English required.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com