Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Infrastructure Specialist
|The GCP Infrastructure Specialist will perform the following functions:|
|Implement, manage and support UNOPS GCP Infrastructure
Implement infrastructure components within ITG Infrastructure Projects
Manage and monitor UNOPS ITG Infrastructure (GCP and other)
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technology Management, Mathematics or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
Relevant IT certifications like Cloud Architect or Cloud DevOps Engineer is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with enterprise IT systems, preferably cloud native in nature.
- Minimum of 4 years of working experience with:
- Cloud Native infrastructure with a deep understanding of containerization on Kubernetes orchestration.
- Managing Infrastructure using
- Cloud Run
- Cloud Functions
- Cloud Pub/sub
- App Engine
- Knowledge of the following is highly desired:
- Google Cloud databases
- Google Cloud Build
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Google Container Registry
- Orchestration and Infrastructure-As-Code tools (Chef, Puppet, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Linux operating environments
- Scripting (Go, Node.js, Python)
- Knowledge of open source technologies such as Istio, Prometheus, Knative, Helm, Pulumi would be a distinct advantage.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.