**Government Communications Specialist,
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program, **
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com. ** Project Summary: **
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five (5)-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance of corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position.
MSI is seeking a full- time government communications specialist to support the SACCI program in Ukraine. S/he will provide communication support to the SACCI leadership staff, GoU representatives , and regional government institutions through implementing communications strategies . Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting in developing and executing communications campaigns and strategies for SACCI’s partner institutions on the national, regional , and city level, conducting communication audits, leveraging the SACCI ‘s social media presence, generating new content and creating campaigns, and monitoring social media channels. This is a full-time position located in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Support in identifying, planning, and execution of government communications strategies on the national, regional, and city level.
- Assist in executing communications and outreach campaigns to help position SACCI’s key messages both internally and externally.
- Attend and report on SACCI partner events and forums, including government workgroup meetings that impact government communications agenda, as needed.
- Contribute to implementing the SACCI social media strategy, including maintaining SACCI’s Facebook and YouTube accounts.
- Coordinate production of weekly SACCI newsletter, including editing and gathering SACCI program information.
- Assist in the production of content for SACCI communications products, such as newsletters, social advertisements, and promotional brochures, as needed.
- Ensure SACCI communication products and deliverable compliance with USAID marking and branding requirements.
- Research, collect, compile, and archive SACCI-related news stories, citations, and media mentions.
- Prepare media reports for SACCI government communications initiatives.
- Assist with organizing SACCI public events, such as workshops, round tables, training, etc.
- Perform other tasks as envisaged by the annual work plan of the Program.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality project documents and deliverables as well as analytical research.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity.
- Higher degree, preferably in communications, public administration, political science, or other relevant areas.
- Knowledge and experience working on issues related to communications (experience in working with government will be an advantage). Familiarity with the Ukraine anti-corruption reform agenda.
- At least three (3) years of experience working in the public communications area.
- Experience developing and maintaining social media tools (Facebook, YouTube etc.).
- Experience working with developing communication materials using computer graphic applications, for example: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded or other international organization project is considered an asset.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent and self-starter.
- Ability and wiliness to travel within Ukraine.
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – April 20, 2018*
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.