Date: Oct 6, 2018
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions which reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has mobilized 10.3 billion USD, accredited 54 entities to channel its resources and approved 74 funding proposals. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries identify their needs, in particular those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff make unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
We are looking to expand our team with more highly skilled and adaptable people who are driven by our mandate, people who appreciate challenges and know how to deliver and thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
The Intern will provide operational and administrative support to the Risk Management Team in the Office of Risk Management and Compliance. S/he will have the opportunity to learn and gain experience by providing assistance in the implementation and maintenance of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), of which the first set of components were approved by the Board in July 2017. Through this work, the intern will also have the opportunity to engage and interact with other divisions within the organization to better understand the work of the GCF.
Under the overall guidance of the designated primary and alternate supervisors within the Office of Risk Management and Compliance, the Intern is expected to:
- Assist in conducting research and data collection for implementation and maintenance of the RMF;
- Support risk specialists with their responsibilities under the RMF;
- Support monitoring and evaluating risk levels at GCF within approved risk appetite and tolerances;
- Provide support to the Risk Management Committee and internal committees as deemed necessary;
- Other responsibilities may include providing support for board meetings and other events, preparation and editing of documents, taking minutes, preparing summaries of discussions, etc.
Requirements and qualifications
- Enrolled in or recent graduate from a Master’s or Ph. D. program in risk management, finance, statistics, business administration, climate change finance, sustainable development, or related fields;
- Knowledge and experience in drafting documents with strong emphasis in research and analysis;
- Good understanding and experience in operations of international organization is an added advantage;
- Proficiency in using standard software programs: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. The above criteria should be seen as indicators of the experience and skills that would qualify candidates for consideration. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.