Contract Type: Trainee
Vacancy Type: Public
1. THE GSA AND THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world.
The GSA’s core mission is to ensure that European citizens get the most out of Europe’s satellite navigation programmes. The Agency does this by:
- Designing and enabling services that fully respond to user needs, while continuously improving the European GNSS services and infrastructure
- Managing the provision of services that ensure user satisfaction in the most cost efficient manner
- Engaging market stakeholders to develop innovative and effective applications, value-added services and user technology that promote the achievement of full European GNSS adoption
- Ensuring that European GNSS services and operations are thoroughly secure, safe and accessible
The GSA is operated and supported by a multicultural team of professionals with interdisciplinary expertise working to ensure that the end-user is kept at the centre of Galileo and EGNOS.
Underpinning these efforts is the Human Resources Department that proactively contributes to the fulfilment of the GSA’s mission, particularly regarding all matters related to the management of the GSA’s Human Resources.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and updating strategies, policies and decisions concerning: planning and budgeting, selection and recruitment, staff retention, staff administration and payroll management, learning and development, performance management administration as well as the occupational health and social welfare of staff.
2. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Depending on the HR area of assignment, the trainee will be expected to:
- Support the execution of HR programmes, processes, communications, and other strategic initiatives which may include:
- Assistance with all aspects of recruitment
- Assistance with on-boarding of new hires
- Assistance with benefits administration as needed
- Assistance with all employees’ HR Learning & Development events
- Other administrative support upon need and requirements (e.g. assisting the HR team in document and file management).
The area of assignment within HR may change as required by Agency’s needs.
3. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The traineeship is open to applicants who have not previously undertaken a traineeship at the GSA and who meet the following requirements:
- Nationality of any Member State of the European Union or Norway
- Possess or pursue a recognised higher education degree (university education or equivalent), evidencing completion of a full cycle of study, or in the case of candidates who are at the end of their studies, an official attestation from their university or school stating the marks obtained have an initial experience or specific expertise in one of the areas of work of the Agency obtained either through specialisation as part of the applicant’s studies for a university degree, a dissertation or other research project conducted as part of their studies or through professional experience or a previous traineeship or otherwise
- Possess a thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union; one of these languages must be the working language of the Agency (English)
- A clean criminal record
4. SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience of work or study in the area of Human Resources Management / Business Administration / Public Administration / EU Studies etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the workings of the EU institutions will be an asset
- Good knowledge of IT applications (word, excel and any other is an asset)
- Proactive attitude and ability to adjust to new tasks in demanding work environments
- Service mind-set