Speak to OSCE about this role at Global Careers for Women 2018
Application closing date: 26 March 2018
OSCE missions and field activities are the front line of OSCE work in countries that require assistance and are the agent through which political decisions are translated into action. Each mission has a different mandate, but generally work addresses early warning, preventive diplomacy, conflict management and post-conflict rehabilitation.
The OSCE Mission in Kosovo promotes human rights, good governance and the safety of all people living in Kosovo by monitoring and supporting the work of local institutions. The Mission, established in 1999, is among the largest OSCE field operations.
The OSCE Gender Action Plan is committed to increasing the number of female staff in all areas of the OSCE’s work. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this management opportunity.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission, and in close co-operation with the Department for Management and Finance and the Department for Human Resources at the OSCE Secretariat, the selected candidate will lead the Fund Administration Unit (FAU) and is responsible for the overall planning, development, management and delivery of a diverse range of management, administrative, and financial support services required by the mission to fulfil its mandate. These support services include human resources, budget, finance, procurement, general services, and information and communication technology.
In approving administrative actions, the Chief of Fund Administration (CFA) must ensure that they are implemented in accordance with the Common Regulatory Management System (CRMS) under the policy guidance from the responsible administrative and operational staff in the OSCE Secretariat and within budget allotments and available resources. More specifically:
- As part of the Executive Management team, providing expert and timely advice and recommendations to the Head of Mission and Mission Senior Management, on all aspects of the administrative support required to conduct the Mission’s activities;
- Planning, directing and ensuring the provision of the required support services to implement the mandate of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo;
- Ensuring the efficient use of the Mission’s human, financial and material resources by ensuring that effective management principles, policies and procedures are developed and implemented in the Mission, and that they are being administered in accordance with the OSCE Financial and Staff Regulations;
- Formulating and implementing appropriate control procedures and systems to safeguard the Mission’s resources and ensure accountability at all levels; controlling and monitoring the financial performance of the Mission;
- Establishing staffing requirements for the Mission and recruiting staff in accordance with standard OSCE recruitment policies;
- Leading the management of staff performance; ensuring that appropriate learning and development opportunities are provided to meet the needs of the Mission;
- Monitoring the use of financial resources in the Mission and ensuring that they are utilized in accordance with the Financial Regulations, Rules and Instructions;
- Ensuring that annual Budget Proposals submitted by the Mission are in accordance with the standards of the OSCE and fully aligned with the Performance Based Programme Budgeting (PBPR) approach employed at the OSCE;
- Providing advice and guidance to Mission management, programmatic and administrative staff on the application of the OSCE’s procurement and contracting policies; ensuring that procurement and contracting activities are conducted in compliance with the CRMS, with strict adherence to the OSCE’s code of conduct, transparency, accountability, efficiency and value for money aspects;
- Maintaining an effective supply chain system in the Mission; implementing asset management standards, including vehicle management for the efficient utilization of material resources;
- Applying building management policies and standards of the OSCE (while respecting local legislation and policies) and ensuring that they are observed when renting, refurbishing, occupying or using premises for OSCE operations;
- Implementing the OSCE’s official travel policies and ensuring that cost- effective arrangements are in place to make best use of available resources;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Citizenship of an OSCE participating State, excluding citizenship or permanent residency of the country of the duty station;
- Second-level university degree in public or business administration, management, finance, accounting or related field; a first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of a second-level university degree;
- A minimum of ten years of professional experience at senior management level in operations, programme management and administration, preferably in an international environment or within operational missions;
- Knowledge of financial, human resource management and material resource management principles and concepts;
- Established ability to identify and analyse problems and take corrective action;
- Proven management experience; ability to manage and motivate a large team;
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills; ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of work;
- Professional fluency in English both written and oral; knowledge of other OSCE working languages would be an asset;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure;
- Computer literacy, with practical experience with Microsoft packages; ability to use and knowledge of an ERP system, preferably ORACLE, would be an asset;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Possession of a valid driving licence and ability to drive using manual transmission.