Speak to UNRWA about this role at Global Careers for Women 2018
Application closing date: 21 March 2018
Do you want to make a lasting difference?
If you are passionate about making a lasting difference for Palestine refugees in Lebanon, this role will give you the opportunity to lead a small-sized Donor Relations and Projects team to contribute to the overall development of Lebanon-based fundraising strategy and management of donor relationships, including specific recommendations on Field resource mobilization and monitoring the implementation of the Field’s portfolio of projects funded by relevant donor countries and institutions.
The main responsibilities include:
- Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Director of UNRWA Affairs (Programmes),Lebanon (P-5), leading a small-sized Donor Relations and Projects team to contribute to the overall development of Lebanon-based fundraising strategy and management of donor relationships including specific recommendations on Field resource mobilization; producing various fundraising documents and making significant contributions to policy documents; developing and maintaining relationships with key donors and organizing and participating in missions and meetings with donor countries as necessary; providing a consistently high level of responsiveness and service to key donors; actively pursuing innovative avenues of cooperation for funding opportunities by public and private donors; providing counsel to the Deputy Director and senior management accordingly;
- Gathering research on target countries to assess their fundraising potential for UNRWA; actively pursuing innovative avenues of cooperation for funding opportunities; developing country strategy papers and associated work plans and working in close coordination with the Deputy Director and senior management to implement these plans;
- When requested, preparing briefing documents for senior management including the Director of UNRWA Affairs, Lebanon and the Deputy Director of UNRWA Affairs, Lebanon Front Office;
- Ensuring the dissemination of accurate information regarding the Agency’s functions among donor governments; analyzing, reviewing and editing project progress reports and drafting correspondence for the purpose of fundraising and advocacy;
- Contributing to the promotion and implementation of the Agency’s Resource Mobilization Strategy with results-oriented concrete actions; supporting senior managers in policy-level bilateral discussions with Member State civil servants or at the political level; organizing and participating in donor field trips in the five Fields of operation;
- Contributing to the development and strategic use of outreach materials for the purpose of fundraising.
- Monitoring the implementation of an LFO portfolio of projects funded by various donor countries;
- Negotiating bilateral agreements and Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) with donors on behalf of the Field; negotiating and drafting project proposals with donors in coordination with implementing Departments; analyzing, reviewing and editing project proposals and progress reports;
- Liaising with departments and donors for the preparation of proposals; reviewing final drafts of proposals for submission to donors and drafting correspondence relating to submission of reports, use of savings and interest and other related issues;
- Liaising with the Finance Department and Programme Managers to verify information and clearances of proposals for submission to donors;
- Providing guidance to Programme Directors and Project Managers to enhance the quality of proposals and report-writing;
- Working with Finance Department, Programme Departments and External Relations and Communications Department to ensure timely submission of progress and final reports; consulting with donors on requests regarding extension or modification of projects, if any;
- Ensuring proactive coordination with concerned Departments, Headquarters and Representative Offices on contributions, donor-funded projects and external relations activities and ensuring timely follow-up.
The incumbent will be required to travel regularly inside and outside the Agency’s area of operations.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
A university degree from an accredited educational institution in political science, international relations, business or public administration, law, economics, development studies or a similar discipline;
At least six years of experience in humanitarian programme or project management as well as resource mobilization, fundraising and donor relations, liaising with donors, UN agencies, NGOs, government counterparts and other stakeholders, including a minimum of two years at a management or coordination level and two years of relevant experience at international level outside your home country; Sound knowledge of results-based management of humanitarian and development assistance programmes, as well as monitoring and evaluation;
Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Arabic would be an asset;
- Proficiency in another UN language would be an asset;
- Experience of UNRWA and the wider UN system;
- Advanced university degree in political science, international relations, business or public administration, law, economics, development or humanitarian studies or a related discipline.