Health Emergencies – WHO – Amman, Jordan
Description of Duties
- Manage WHO’s emergency response program at national or subnational level.
- Provide technical guidance to the Ministry of Health (MoH) on the establishment/strengthening of an Emergency Management System /Emergency Operation Centre (IMS/EOC) for multi-sectoral emergency management that includes staffing, defined roles/responsibilities and resources for key functional areas.
- Support national and local health authorities, partner with UN agencies, international, governmental and nongovernmental organizations/institutions, to:
- Assess and map existing and emerging health risks in the country and prepare a national risk profile based on a risk assessment.
- Assess health needs of affected populations in cooperation with technical units at RO and HQ level.
- Assess national capacities for emergency management, including preparedness, and support the development of a national Health Emergency Response Plan.
- Review the National Health Plan/National Health Emergency Response Plan as needed (when these already exist), take additional action, including the development of contingency plans for specific high priority risks.
- Mobilize and coordinate resources, oversee the operational and strategic planning of the health response plans, identify resource needs and funding gaps; encourage donors to fund the overall health sector response to affected populations.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of strategies, operational and HR plans for the WHO’s emergency information management, Country preparedness and International Health Regulations (2005), risk assessments and Infectious hazard management related activities.
- In cooperation with other levels of the response, validate the related information, communications, advocacy products and statements before release to internal and external partners as well as to the public.
- Collaborate with other agencies and I/NGOs, including through the Health Cluster approach and directly as operational implementing partners.
- Co-develop a detailed task-based work plan and budget for implementation of priority activities identified in the National Health Emergency Response Plan. Ensure the country has accessible contingency funds for immediate response to emergencies, including, outbreaks at national and other appropriate sites.
- Identify WHO response team staffing needs, coordinate the mobilization of the required human resources. Provide guidance, and performance management of staff and experts, take concrete measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all WHO responders.
- Represent WHO to counterparts in external stakeholders, including donors and partners, with respect to the country operations.
- Monitor WHO’s health response and operational readiness activities, and adjust if new needs arise and/or the situation changes requiring a revision of the operational plan.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in public health, or in emergency and disaster management or in humanitarian operations in emergencies.
- Specialized training in emergency and outbreak management; specific training in humanitarian response. Medical degree.
- At least 7 years of related experience in emergency management and operations, and emergency response and outbreak response.
- Substantial experience at both national and international levels in managing humanitarian program cycle, capacity-building and multi-sectoral coordination.
- Substantial experience in efficient human and financial resource management, as well as managing and coordinating field based projects.
- Relevant work experience in outbreaks and/health emergency management and related strategy development with WHO and/or UN agencies, health cluster partners;
- experience working in relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations.
Closing date for applications 04 February 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com