The Mott MacDonald health advisory team are looking to recruit an additional consultant to support the team. They are looking for someone wishing to build a long-term career in consulting, someone passionate about helping our clients to deliver outcomes that improve patients’ quality of care. If you’re interested, here’s what the team is all about.
Based in Altrincham, south-west Manchester, the team provides healthcare advisory support services to national, regional and local NHS bodies and internationally. They specialise in service redesign and reconfiguration, strategic healthcare planning, evaluation, productivity improvements, impact assessments, change management and information analysis and modelling. Your colleagues are healthcare-focused but multi-disciplinary and includes those with backgrounds and experience in business planning, healthcare planning, finance, operational research, programme management, local government and operational delivery.
- NHS England where we have undertaken a national evaluation of new initiatives and innovations to deliver primary care at scale
- NHS Improvement where we are assessing potential improvements in service delivery and financial savings in pathology and imaging
- Ministry of Health in Saudi Arabia where we are supporting the centralisation of the management of hospital labs and regional labs focused on specialised tests for hospitals inside their regional boundaries
- NHS Greater Manchester where we provided support to its Healthier Together programme, the largest reconfiguration of acute clinical services in the UK to date, and key testbed for devolution.
Your role as consultant would be to support senior team members in the day-to-day delivery of specific projects to time and budget and to the standards required by our clients.
The position would be suitable to a recently graduated candidate who has held a role in the NHS with experience in transformation and change management and/ or information analysis or has relevant consultancy experience. The role would require some travelling in the UK and possibly internationally.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Perform as a junior Project Manager and/or Consultant in a wide variety of healthcare assignments
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic consultancy team focused on the delivery of project-based assignments
- Contribute to the development of reports, proposals and the presentation of outputs to different audiences
- Capability to analyse, interpret and present different sources of data
- Successfully maintain client relationships.
- Degree/ Masters level or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in the NHS, social care or consultancy environment
- Track record in supporting the delivery of complex projects in health and /or social care on time and on budget
- Analytical thinker with experience of using different sources of data
- Can demonstrate examples of problem solving skills to achieve delivery of a solution or outcome
- Report writing experience, appropriate to different audiences
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Capable of working autonomously or as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
- Motivation, enthusiasm, drive and commitment to the role in supporting healthcare clients and to our team.