We will be online at the Global Careers Fair, Thursday 6 Oct 2016. Register today to speak directly with the team about working at ICRC.
As a part of our new HR strategy and the progressive implementation of the HR function in the field, we are looking for Field HR Managers to be deployed in our field delegations.
The purpose of this position is to deliver HR services in a Delegation, in order to enable line managers and employees to adequately respond to operational challenges in the Field. Through a Human Resources presence at the Delegation level, this role implies direct supervision of providers of HR services within the Delegation. This function reports to:
Head of delegation or Deputy Head of Delegation (hierarchical reporting)
HR Operations Division (functional reporting in GVA)
- Understand the Regional and the Delegation HR strategy and oversee its implementation within the Delegation;
- Report to the Regional HR Partner at the HQ and the Centres of Expertise any relevant information that may shape the Regional HR strategy and priorities as well as the design of HR policies and processes.
- Be accountable for the delivery of HR services in a Delegation;
- Validate and ensure HR processes and policies are delivered consistently and accordingly to guidelines from Centres of Expertise;
- Provide support to the Regional HR Partner at the HQ in the execution of all initiatives within the Delegation.
Support to Line Managers
- Support and coach line managers in the execution of core people management tasks
Supervision of HR Responsibles/HR Assistants
- Supervise HR Responsibles/HR Assistants in the execution of daily HR activities and provide necessary coaching and advice
- Implement ad-hoc HR projects and initiatives from HR and PMP
Research and Analysis
- Identify trends on an ongoing basis, providing the delegation management with the requisite information to inform proactive business decisions with regard to human resources issues
- Minimum age: 30
- Willing to accept unaccompanied postings (i.e. no spouse, partner, children or dependents) for the first two years of assignment (minimum 12 months each)
- Very good command of English and French. Fluency in another ICRC working language used in the field such as Spanish, Arabic or Russian is a distinct asset.
- Strong Academic background, with at least 5 years of relevant experience in an HR generalist or HR Manager function
- International experience, preferably in the humanitarian sector, would be a distinct asset
- Driving licence (for manual transmission vehicles)
- Fully conversant with IT tools
- Ability to develop the role with exemplary conduct and to represent the HR function in the field;
- Ability to coach, support, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to HR staff under her/his direct supervision;
- Ability to advise key stakeholders on all aspects of people management and development;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain partnerships at all levels of the delegation, both with staff and managers;
- Excellent and effective communication and listening skills and ability to interact collaboratively in a multicultural team;
- Strong analytical, decision making and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner;
- Cultural awareness and commitment to encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
What we offer
- An opportunity to practise your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- A training course prior to departure (4 weeks)
- Access to further in-house and/or external training
- Generous social benefits
Please note that owing to the ICRC’s working procedures and principles, in particular the principle of neutrality, we cannot assign personnel to a country of which they are a national.