Recruiters representing MSF will be available at our next event. Register here
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / أطباء بلا حدود is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people in 70 countries who are affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation and our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
We offer basic healthcare, perform surgery, fight epidemics, rehabilitate and run hospitals and clinics, carry out vaccination campaigns, operate nutrition centres, and provide mental healthcare. Our activities include the treatment of injuries and disease, maternal care and the provision of humanitarian aid. Where necessary, we set up sanitation systems, supply safe drinking water, and distribute relief to assist survival.
Working overseas with (MSF) means that you will go to work in projects in any of the countries where MSF works. Each project you go to will require a certain period of commitment (6 to 12 months). It also means that you will need the flexibility to adjust to unfamiliar food, living quarters, pace of life, and languages. Projects may be located in the most remote places in the world, often in harsh environments with limited resources and amenities.
Regardless of where you go, it might be a very different lifestyle. Working in an unfamiliar culture inevitably involves challenges in communication and perceptions. Being aware that people may not act or think like you, accepting this, and being able to adapt your own behaviours if required, is of utmost importance when working in the field. A special camaraderie emerges amongst members of a project team who come from different countries, backgrounds and experience. This creates a shared sense of purpose, sparking ingenuity and resourcefulness in getting things done, and a lot of spontaneous fun.
Name: Human Resources Development Manager
Responsible for the development and implementation of an HR Development strategy, including its supporting processes and tools, which improves the autonomy, performance and development of staff, thereby contributing to the quality of operations.
- Develop/refine and implement the HR Development Strategy, activity-plan, policies and tools, based on the mission-specific needs and priorities
- Develop/adapt the existing policies and tools related to the phases of the Employee Development Cycle (Recruitment, Induction, Performance, Feedback, Learning & Mobility) to the mission specific needs, ensuring the quality of these processes and ensuring a link between them
- Empower managers to implement these policies and tools in an equitable, fair, transparent and efficient manner throughout the mission
- Implement a learning path for national staff in Supervisor positions, in order to strengthen their supervisory competencies
- Empower managers in their role and responsibilities related to HR Development processes (tools, processes, best practices) and provide punctual advice when needed
- Support the identification of critical positions, and the development- and implementation of a succession plan.
- Support managers with talent spotting, and in the development and implementation of development plans for national staff, thereby matching both operational and personal development needs
- Develop/refine and implement the Mission Learning Policy- and Plan in line with the Learning & Development vision; assist managers with their learning needs analysis, and propose learning strategies and methods that are most relevant to the needs;
- Provide pedagogical support to trainings being developed in-house, ensuring coherence with MSF’s policies and protocols, and help strengthen the training skills of managers;
- Map opportunities – locally, regionally and internationally – for learning and training
- Centralize and share all HR Development related resources, within the mission and with Head Quarters, thereby supporting the knowledge management organization-wide.
- Support/train the supervisors in the definition of smart objectives for vacancy openings and check – in close cooperation with the HR coordinator – their quality and relevance in relation to the mission’ needs
- Look for synergies with other MSF sections and other NGOs in terms of learning opportunities
- Collaborate with the HRCo in building/updating the annual plan and budget, with regards to her/his area of work and responsibilities
- Function as a link between staff and management, bringing up strategic challenges that management might not be aware of; suggest improvements to HR- and Management practices identified in the mission
- Ensure that tools that support motivation and participation of staff are integrated in the mission
- Bachelor Degree in HR, Management, and/or Training & Coaching
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Human resources
- Coaching/training experience: experience in developing-, giving methodological support to-, and delivering trainings based on adult learning,
- Management/strategic experience: experience in management of teams; experience in developing strategies and translating them into action; experience in giving management/supervision trainings,
- Medical ethics,
- Cultural sensitivity,
- Openness and flexibility,
- Ability to live and work as a team,
- Ability to manage stress,
- Availability: MSF requires a minimum of a 2 years commitment.
- Arabic, English and/or French.
What we offer:
- A fixed-term contract
- Monthly pay salary during the mission
- A daily allowance (per diem) during the mission
- Medical coverage
- Payment of all mission-related expenses (transport, accommodation)
- The opportunity to work and quickly take on responsibilities in humanitarian situations and varied medical programs
- Personalized career development, with access to different levels of training, in order to grow within the organization.
Kindly apply through our recruitment page: msf-egypt.org/en/work-abroad
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com