The International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) is the global standard-setting body for insurance supervision. Our mission is to promote effective and globally consistent supervision of the insurance industry for the benefit and protection of policyholders and to contribute to global financial stability.
We are currently looking for a high performing professional to join the Secretariat in the role of Senior Policy Advisor – Communications. To apply, kindly submit your application no later than 17 September 2019. In your cover letter please specify how you meet the requirements. Please direct any questions to IAIS.Recruitment@bis.org.
Purpose of the role and principal accountabilities:
The individual entering this role will be a creative and energetic professional, with experience working in a senior communications role and someone who is excited by the prospect of being able to help shape the IAIS’ brand and profile.
The successful applicant will bring his/her extensive experience to the IAIS to:
- Develop and ensure implementation of the IAIS’ communications strategy.
- Raise our profile with our external stakeholders, utilising the most effective channels for doing so.
- Develop communication plans for major IAIS initiatives.
- Ensure all communication with internal and external stakeholders is prompt, clear, compelling and of the highest quality.
- Draft press releases and organises press briefings, including background sessions with relevant media.
- Establish and maintain relationships with media, relevant periodicals and other external communications outlets that can help advance the IAIS’ objectives.
- Manage a communications calendar across the organisation, as well as our regular communications tools (eg, newsletter).
- In collaboration with experts across the Secretariat, support the IAIS leadership in developing speaking materials for major events.
- Support the events management team on the programming for our major annual events (ie, Annual Conference and Global Seminar).
The general duties of a Senior Policy Advisor include:
- Contribute to the preparation of meetings, both on substance and on logistics, and attending some of these meetings.
- Ensure that procedures and internal processes are followed.
- Perform any other relevant work as assigned or delegated.
The following are minimum requirements for all applicants:
- A university degree, ideally in communications, journalism or a related field.
- A strong communicator and presenter, with extensive experience working in communications, ideally gained in a senior communications role within the financial sector or the public sector in an area related to regulation and supervision of the financial sector.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with well-developed project management and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media with a demonstrated ability to create and publish lively and engaging content in traditional print as well as within digital and social media channels.
- Enthusiasm, drive and energy to achieve agreed objectives in a structured and transparent manner.
- Demonstrated capacity to work flexibly, effectively and constructively with colleagues from diverse backgrounds in a fast paced, dynamic international environment.
- Capacity to work well in time-constrained and/or information-constrained circumstances.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
Desirable experience including (but not limited to):
- Graduate degree.
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (eg, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop).
- Good knowledge of recent developments and emerging issues respecting insurance regulation and supervision.
- Skills in at least one of the other two official IAIS languages (French, Spanish).
The position is based in Basel, Switzerland, and will involve international travel. Attractive employment conditions will be offered. The salary will be paid free of Swiss income tax. A relocation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
The BIS employs IAIS staff on fixed-term contracts, with the initial-term being three years. The IAIS and BIS are fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strive for diversity among their staff.
Application Deadline: 17/09/2019