Application closing date: 31 January 2019
Are you an Insurance-Linked Securities expert? While contributing to enhance the capability of our funding operations and to improve our treasury management you will allow us to improve the lives of millions of people in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We are looking for a dedicated, upbeat and team-oriented Treasury & Risk Senior Specialist or Specialist to work in the Funding Group of the Treasury Division.
Our Finance Department administer the Bank’s financial resources including debt and non-debt funds, leading cash resources, conducting accounting and preparing financial records of Bank operations. Among other functions, we also administer Bank relations with financial markets and intermediaries and formulate and revise the implementation of the Bank’s asset/liability management.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the analysis, pricing, negotiation and execution of debt securities, with focus on insurance-linked securities, e.g. catastrophe bonds and insurance type products and the corresponding derivatives. Collaborate in the technical documentation for insurance-linked products.
- Make technical recommendations on debt/derivative transactions and valuation methodologies for debt securities, as per IDB policies and in coordination with relevant internal units.
- Participate in working groups, missions, and other initiatives aiming to structure and deliver complex financing solutions to the Bank’s borrowers.
- Handle, collaborate and liaise with various internal interdisciplinary areas in the conceptualization of technical solutions/institutional policies.
- Build and manage relationships with financial counterparties and participate in the Investor Relations Program by promoting IADB debt securities to institutional investors.
- Structure and promote insurance-linked securities and solutions to meet the needs of our borrowing member countries.
- Provide mentorship and technical work guidance to more junior staff within the Treasury Division and in knowledge sharing activities within and outside the Bank.
- Leads the design and implementation of insurance-linked and other catastrophic risk products requiring advanced technical knowledge and a strategic understanding of the business area.
- Monitor and promote the consistent application of tools, methodologies, procedures, policies and best practice in an area of specialization.
- Monitor the market and look for opportunities to effectively improve the IDB’s financial position and/or minimize risk. And make technical recommendations based on a thorough understanding of financial market dynamics.
- Conduct complex analysis of data and information to validate the appropriateness of models being applied and to confirm the reasonableness of data generated.
Skills you’ll need:
Education: You hold a Master’s degree (or the equivalent) in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field. CFA may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree (in addition to the BA in a relevant field).
Experience: You have at least five (5) years of relevant experience with at least three (3) years in multi-currency Funding, Capital Markets, Fixed Income Securities (with focus on insurance-linked securities) and/or Derivatives treasury operations experience.
Language: You are proficient (oral and written) in English and in one of our Bank languages (Spanish, French and/or Portuguese.)
Systems: You are proficient with Bloomberg and treasury management systems such as Summit and are an advanced user of the Microsoft Office suite. You will build and maintain models using both Access databases and Excel spreadsheets. You have strong technical and quantitative skills.
Functional and technical area: you need to understand the application of financial instruments for issuing bonds in the international capital markets, understand of cause and effect of market conditions and how they relate to the IDB’s assets and liabilities.
Requirements: You are a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.