Portfolio Management Lead Officer – Equity Funds
- Lead the supervision of a portfolio of private equity (“PE”) and debt funds in which IDB Invest has an investment participation. Maintain close contact and manage ongoing relationship with fund managers and other stakeholders, including with other limited partners.
- Monitor periodic information, including trends in the global financial markets, country-specific economic situation and events, and industry / market regulatory developments, to evaluate their impact on IDB Invest’s counterparts and portfolio.
- Analyze financial statements and projections to identify and mitigate risks. Assess the standing and valuation of IDB Invest’s investments, including benchmarking performance of the private equity funds against the market and IDB Invest’s own PE portfolio.
- Monitor compliance of funds with investment agreements and with IDB Invest’s policies and guidelines, liaising closely with internal origination, legal, credit risk, environmental and social, institutional integrity and finance teams, among others.
- Regularly liaise with the investment funds origination team to share market intelligence and lessons learnt from supervision and to stay up to date with pipeline, market trends.
- Take proactive measures to protect IDB Invest’s interests in investments. Timely respond to client’s requests for portfolio actions, including evaluating, negotiating and processing required disbursements, waivers, amendments and consents.
- Coordinate with the investment funds origination and legal teams to determine vote intentions in Advisory Committees and Limited Partners / Investors decisions.
- By liaising with the investment funds origination team, prepare an equity management plan for each of the equity funds, including ways to accelerate growth/returns and to prepare for the eventual exit.
- Prepare periodic supervision reports, including Annual Supervision Reports, Active Equity Management and Portfolio Supervision Committee presentations.
- Track and keep record of net asset value of funds in portfolio and coordinate the quarterly preparation of information for Accounting.
- Contribute to the assessment of developmental effectiveness and impact of supervised transactions.
- Propose and lead actions to improve and streamline internal processes.
- Participate in activities that support inclusiveness at IDB Invest (mentoring, recruitment, leadership development, on-boarding).
- Participate and contribute to corporate initiatives.
Advanced degree (at least Master’s, MBA, or equivalent) in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or relevant fields. CFA designation is a plus.
At least 7+ years of relevant investing and/or portfolio management work experience in debt/private equity investment funds, financial/advisory firms or development financial institutions. In-depth understanding of investment funds’ product/business drivers and challenges, as well as deep knowledge of industry market trends and players in the Latin America and the Caribbean region.
You have excellent written and oral communication skills in your country’s official language(s) and in English. Oral and written proficiency in a second or third Bank language (Spanish, French, or Portuguese) is preferred.