Regional Analyst – IFAD – Rome, Italy
Key results expected / Major functional activities
Analytical support and data management
- The Regional Analyst collates and analyses data to support the economic and financial status of project design reports.
- He/she is responsible for data analysis of country assessment reports for divisional programme/project activities in the region.
- He/she provides analytical inputs to corporate regional reports and documents and develops alternative and creative solutions for effective data management in the Division.
- He/she participates in project cycle activities and meetings, such as Country Programme Management Team (CPMTs) and quality review meetings, as required.
Monitoring & evaluation and systematization support
- The Regional Analyst works in close collaboration with the regional team to support the monitoring and results reporting activities required for Knowledge Management (KM) and portfolio management in the region, including responsibilities for ensuring compliance with procedures, knowledge management and results reporting of the regional grants programme.
- He/she reviews, and analyses data derived from project performance reports, and provides input to the Lead Portfolio Advisor or Lead Regional Economist on rigorous results measurement analysis and to the Regional Specialist to support development of knowledge products and documentation of lessons learned.
- The Regional Analyst supports the effectiveness of knowledge sharing activities in the region by data collection and analysis and systematization required for portfolio management.
- He/she simultaneously interacts closely with other regional division teams and keeps abreast of all relevant corporate changes and reforms having an impact on data management tools and categorization.
- He/she assists in formulating position papers, briefs, analyses and short papers on related subjects for the Director in collaboration with the Regional Specialist.
Regional or country programme support
- The Regional Analyst supports close communications and interaction between headquarters and country offices in coordination with the Programme Liaison Associates.
- S/he will draft regular and periodic reports on project, country programme or thematic issues, including lessons learned from design and implementation support experiences.
- S/he will support country teams in select operational matters and cross-cutting themes through participation in field missions as determined by the Regional Team based on demand and regional priorities.
- S/he will also support the Regional Team through the identification of potential partners, development initiatives and best practices and maintains counterpart contacts needed to promote programme, partnership as well as implementation support.
Policy analysis support
- As a member of the Regional Team, the Regional Analyst participates in select policy meetings and events of priority interest to the region, analyses policy implications and identifies opportunities for innovations and knowledge sharing.
- S/he reviews programme evaluation reports, aggregates results and shares knowledge on best operational practices in collaboration with the Regional Team to improve project designs and effective delivery of programmes in the region.
- He/she contributes to the development of knowledge management products and organization of learning events on emerging issues, themes and innovations of particular relevance for the region in close collaboration with the Regional Specialist and relevant country teams.
- The Regional Analyst performs a coordinating role in the front office, working closely with divisional and programme staff, including Programme Liaison Associates, to ensure maximum efficiency and systematization of programme processes in adherence to corporate requirements.
- He/she is accountable for integrity, transparency, and equity in the management of IFAD resources.
Minimum recruitment qualifications
- Advanced university degree from an accredited institution in economics business administration, management, social policy research and analysis, rural development, agriculture, agricultural economics, rural finance, development policy or related disciplines.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively relevant experience is required.
- Experience in a role providing analytical support within an international financial institution, development cooperation agencies and/or the United Nations system is highly desirable.
- In addition, qualifying experience in drafting analytical documents, producing reports on tight deadlines would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of another official language (Arabic, French, or Spanish) is desirable.
Closing date for applications 10 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com