HarvestPlus seeks a highly-motivated Project Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overall coordination of the Bangladesh Initiative to Enhance Nutrition Security and Governance (BIeNGS) project. This position is a one-year, fixed-term appointment and is renewable contingent upon continued satisfactory performance and program funding. The position is based at the BIeNGS project office in Jamalpur under the HarvestPlus Bangladesh Country Office. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in Bangladesh.
HarvestPlus improves nutrition and public health by developing and promoting biofortified food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals, and providing global leadership on biofortification evidence and technology. HarvestPlus is part of the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH). CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future . Its science is carried out by its 15 research centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. HarvestPlus is based at the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and collaborates with multiple CGIAR centers and partner organizations.
The Project Coordinator’s responsibilities include working closely with the BIeNGS Project Manager (at World Vision Bangladesh) to prepare comprehensive action plans including resources, timeframes, and budgets for the project. S/he will perform various coordinating tasks, like scheduling and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. To succeed in this role, s/he should have excellent time management and communication skills. Collaboration with clients and internal teams is required to deliver results on deadlines. Ultimately, the Project Coordinator’s duties are to ensure that all project deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and meet high quality standards.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information, and supervise project staff.
- Prepare annual project implementation plan; monitor project progress and manage potential challenges as necessary.
- Liaise with stakeholders to identify and define requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management.
- Track project evolution and suggest changes to accommodate stakeholders’ needs.
- Oversee and monitor project budget and expenditure.
- Oversee project monitoring, communication, marketing, and procurement activities.
- Analyze risks and opportunities; work with the Project Manager to eliminate blockers/bottlenecks/shortfalls.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all stakeholders.
- Prepare/maintain and issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement).
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports.
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests.
- Master’s degree in Agriculture or a related field, plus a minimum of three years of professional experience as a Project Coordinator or a similar role.
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery.
- Demonstrated success and experience managing and developing a project team.
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules, and step-by-step action plans.
- Organizational, planning, implementing, and controlling skills, including multitasking.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control.
- Exceptional oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge in file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure on tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Experience in European Commission-funded project management.
- Hands-on experience with project management tools.
Application closing date: open until filled