Infrastructure Services Team Lead – ILO – Geneva
- Ensure infrastructure is operated and maintained so that services are delivered according to agreed levels. Take preventive and proactive actions to ensure best possible service availability.
- Ensure the effective design and implementation of the team’s workplans and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of activities. Take preventive and proactive actions to ensure best possible service availability. Establish performance objectives for staff, monitor and evaluate progress and provide guidance.
- Design and operate support processes within and outside of the organisation to ensure 2nd and 3rd level support cases are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure processes and standard operation procedures are documented. Participate in the production of documentation and publish end users documentation when required.
- Communicate with different support entities at headquarters and in the regions to raise awareness on upcoming changes.
- Lead project delivery of enterprise IT services, including project scoping, planning, resourcing and tracking.
- Develop business cases, define requirements and run procurement activities according to the governance framework in place.
- Manage service providers, consultants and contractors to ensure contracts are delivered according to agreed terms.
- Provide technical expertise on technologies used to deliver services in scope.
- Coordinate with the wider infrastructure team and service providers to ensure architecture and services alignments.
- Review architecture, configuration and metrics to guarantee the compliance of systems in scope with security policies in place.
- Deliver presentations, communications and trainings in relation to services roll-out and maintenance.
- Closely monitor technology developments, identify opportunities and make recommendations on future evolutions.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
These specific duties are aligned with the relevant ILO generic job description, which includes the following generic duties: optional section (only if needed)
- Develop, install and maintain complex systems for various types of computers and applications used in the organization.
- Identify the need for new systems, and translate user needs into systems and applications that can be integrated with existing systems. Install and maintain purchased hardware and software.
- Design, programme and maintain software to be used in-house. Undertake systems analysis, and prepare design specifications for programming.
- Make recommendations on hardware and software requirements and on their purchase. Provide expertise and leadership on technological changes for the organization.
- Create, monitor and document systems environment and standards that analysts, programmers, operators and users will use.
- Allocate computer resources to users. Design and ensure the installation and usability of custom software.
- Implement new systems software and required modifications in an optimal manner, particularly without adverse effects on current production and testing and minimal impact on development activities.
- Provide training to staff on new computer software programmes.
- An advanced university degree in computer science.
At least seven years of hands-on professional experience in the IT field, of which at least three years at the international level, including experience:
- 3 years managing a team of IT professionals delivering infrastructure services in a multi-cultural organisation.
- 5 years designing and delivering infrastructure projects.
- Designing, deploying and supporting Microsoft Active Directory family services (AD, ADFS, ADCS, Azure AD, MFA).
- Deploying and maintaining a large windows servers infrastructure (100+ servers), including file, print and web servers in a multi-sites environment.
- Delivering Microsoft Exchange email services for a large organisation (4000+ users), including a minimum of 2 years using Office 365.
- Managing the deployment of Microsoft Teams services, including chat, voice, meetings and collaboration.
- Designing, deploying and maintaining multi-tier, enterprise grade web content delivery platforms. This includes front end proxies (e.g. Apache web server, Traffic Server, Nginx), application servers (e.g. Weblogic, Tomcat) and CMS (e.g. Stellent, Drupal).
- Interacting with and managing service providers and technology consultants.
- Excellent command of English, and French or Spanish.
Closing date for applications 20 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com