Sustainable Enterprise Development and Job Creation – ILO
- Advise countries in the subregion on the design and implementation of sustainable development and job creation policies and programmes within the framework of the Decent Work Country Programmes.
- Provide technical services to the English and Dutch-speaking countries/territories of the Caribbean on the design, management, and evaluation of development cooperation projects in enterprise development and job creation programmes, institutions and strategies, in line with the ILO Decent Work Agenda.
- Advise government and social partners on appropriate national job creation and enterprise development policies and programmes.
- Develop and implement coherent job creation strategies that include applying ILO approaches and tools in the areas of micro and small enterprise development, multinational enterprises, management and corporate citizenship, cooperatives, productivity improvement, local economic development, green jobs and social finance.
- Develop and review institutional frameworks and provide technical advice for strengthening such frameworks, in which tripartite constituents can best improve, implement and evaluate efficient and equitable ILO enterprise development programmes.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
These specific duties are aligned with the relevant ILO generic job description, which includes the following generic duties:
- Design and promote a wide range of special subject-matter-related programmes, This involves: re-analysis of complex or conflicting data, statistics and information or policy guidelines, in a manner requiring the advanced application of principles of a recognised technical specialisation.
- Develop and review an institutional framework, in which social partners can best improve, implement and evaluate efficient and equitable ILO action programmes.
- Provide policy advice to ILO’s constituents on institutional strengthening, the application of ILO standards and the promotion of development cooperation activities.
- Formulate and submit project proposals and seek funding.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the project activities.
- Undertake technical advisory missions independently or in collaboration with other specialists.
- Conduct seminars, workshops and technical meetings and training courses.
- Prepare draft recommendations and guidelines for discussion and adoption as ILO Recommendations or Conventions on related technical fields.
- Write manuals and/or training guides on related topics.
- Disseminate information on programmes through publications and, press releases, as well as ensuring representation at donors’ meetings, international, regional and national fora and advocacy campaigns.
- Monitor and coordinate research carried out by junior technical officers and external collaborators.
- Provide technical inputs to office documents (sectoral meetings, technical committees, regional meetings and conference reports).
- Participate in tripartite reviews on development cooperation activities and international meetings and conferences.
- Advanced university degree with demonstrated expertise in economics, business or social sciences.
- Eight years’ experience at the national level or five years at the international level.
- Experience in providing policy advice and promoting institutional capacity development based on the outcomes of projects in local environments as well as a solid understanding of good practices at the national and international levels.
- Excellent command of English is required.
- Knowledge of a second language (Spanish) would be an asset
Closing date for applications 20 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com