Individual Donors Officer (Fund Raising Specialist) – UNICEF – Chile
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
- Lead the long-term strategic planning, development and implementation of individual fundraising activities within the country in order to optimise fundraising and revenue potential, with a key focus on optimising and developing pledge acquisition channels and improving pledge retention and life time value (LTV).
- Develop an annual work plan and budget for individual donors. Monitor and facilitate the implementation of fundraising strategies, work-plans and donor reporting and analysis to achieve targets.
- Strategically plan and manage the individual donor investment funds throughout the planned period.
- Develop and oversee internal and external suppliers and partners (agencies, suppliers’ banks etc.) to ensure that processes are streamlined, effective and assisting the overall aim to grow income and to promote excellence in briefings and campaigns to the satisfaction of internal and external parties thereby protecting and promoting the UNICEF brand.
- Maintain intelligence on latest developments in the market, including successful techniques being used by commercial and non-profit organisations to acquire customers / donors and maximize LTV, and the plans and activities of competitors
- Ensure that global PFP policies and guidelines are adhered to and implemented, provide proper management of individual section to ensure “back-end” and operational areas of work are able to keep up with the new initiatives and plans.
- Provide regular reports to the Chief of Fundraising, RSC Panama and PFP Geneva on targets and KPIs.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the Individual Fundraising team to enhance the implementation of the strategic plan and lead the training and capacity development of the team.
- Review and evaluate staff performance in the individual fundraising team, through robust and timely monitoring and to recommend changes and adjustments to plans as needed.
- Champion the UNICEF brand in coordination with Communications section, where individual donor fundraising is involved, to ensure advocacy and messaging is consistent and strategic.
- Attend relevant workshops and meetings both internationally and nationally as required.
- Keep up to date with PFP individual donor guidelines and best practice to ensure all global best practice and key learnings are utilised where relevant in Indian individual donor fundraising.
- University degree in any of the following areas: Business Administration, Marketing, Fundraising or a related field.
- Additional professional qualifications in fundraising and/or marketing and/or communications would be an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in managing an individual donor fundraising programme together with proven track record in driving income growth; equivalent direct marketing experience in a commercial context will be considered as qualifying experience.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.