in the Internal Audit and Evaluation Service, Director General’s Services.
The main duties and responsibilities consist of conducting audits of the Agency’s activities and management consultancy assignments, in accordance with international professional standard, which includes:
- assessing the adequacy of the Agency’s governance processes and internal control practices with regard to the objectives of:
- promoting appropriate ethics and values within ESA;
- ensuring effective organisational performance management and accountability;
- ensuring significant risks are assessed and appropriate risk mitigation measures identified and implemented;
- evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of controls regarding the:
- reliability and integrity of financial and operational information;
- effectiveness and efficiency of operations and programmes;
- compliance with laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and contracts.
- analysing potential weaknesses and improvement opportunities regarding the Agency’s governance, risk management, and control processes, elaborating actions plans with the organisational units concerned and follow-up their implementation;
- conducting investigations into suspected malpractice, as required;
- performing planning, administrative and management activities in the Internal Audit Service.
Understanding of Internal Audit concepts
Understanding of the ESA business and its risks
Experience in risk management
Applicants for this post should have a Master’s degree in engineering, business administration or other relevant discipline, with a minimum of three years of experience in Internal Auditing in an international environment.
Candidates should be Certified Internal Auditors or equivalent. A certified competence in auditing Management Information Systems will be considered a strong asset. Applicants must demonstrate excellent analytical, communication and coordination skills and the ability to provide quality synthetic output against tight deadlines.
Closing date for applications 27 September 2019
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com