Country: Central African Republic
Department: Human Resources
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at high risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Human resources and administrative manager will be responsible for coordinating, supervising and implementing all the tasks related to human resources and administrative activities of International Medical Corps Bangui, CAR implementing project activities from different donors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- In collaboration with the Country Management Team determine the needs for the international hires, prepare Job Description and liaise with IHR HQ for advertising, collecting CV, first screening of eligible candidates and organizing/coordinating interview process with the Country Team.
- Coordinate with the international travel the arrangement of air tickets and proper budgetary allocations of international travel.
- Serve as the focal point for the new international hire providing enough first-hand information and travel tips.
- Prepare a comprehensive welcome package for the new hires that include country information, security information, HR/admin forms, procurement instructions, short project descriptions, contact list and a phone with available credit.
- Ensure that all new hire receive the package on their arrival.
- Schedule, organize and insure that new hires receive briefing from different departments the first days of the arrival.
- Collect necessary documents and initiate process of obtaining visa and resident permits to ensure that all international staff has appropriate documents to work in country.
- Ensure all separation paperwork, change of status are timely submitted to international HR.
- Coordinate with the finance and logistics department for clearance of outstanding balances and return of attractive assets/items.
- In collaboration with the Country Management Team determine training needs for International Medical Corps staff international and national.
- In coordination with project managers/site managers and heads of departments prepare staffing plan for each project (hired vs needs).
- In coordination with project managers/site managers and heads of departments prepare job description and minimum requirement for each position.
- Check national staffs payroll to ensure that all salary or incentives are in line with the timesheets.
- Ensure enough space is available for accommodation of the staff and plan for lease of new premises when needed.
- Prepare the list of essential supplies and equipment for each guest house and ensure that each premises are properly furnished and equipped.
- Coordinate with the team and schedule work of cleaners and ensure minimum hygiene standards are observed in all International Medical Corps rented spaces.
- Facilitate the requests of office/guest house repairs/maintenance
- Prepare and institute policies with regards to phone cards usage, travel per diems, vacation days, overtime payments or any other needed.
- Make frequent site visits to facilities to ensure that appropriate care and training are being conducted and to offer support to field staff.
- Supervise the human resource and administrative functions in field offices to ensure their smooth and effective operations
- Collaborate with security officer and team leader to maintain security of staff in the field locations.
- Act as focal point and representation to International Medical Corps CAR for matters relating to Human Resources;
- Acts as focal point for Sexual Exploitation and Abuse matters for International Medical Corps CAR Response
- Communicates with the lawyer, other NGOs and local authorities with regards to IMC registration, tax exemptions and forms of different types of contracts.
- Attend and actively participate in coordination meetings which are relevant to Human Resource activities;
- Work closely with a local labor lawyer in ensuring that local labor laws are compliant, up to date and being administered.
- Work closely and in partnership with the country Finance Office to ensure smooth operation of daily activities.
- Interface with national government and relevant agencies to ensure compliance with varying government regulations in regards to staff visas, local labor laws.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
Graduate level in HR/Management/Business
- Demonstrated training and mentoring experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with HR in an NGO
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English required
- Demonstrated understanding of HR technical areas, such as compensation and benefits,
- Employment, job evaluation, salary administration, performance management and personnel development
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite and Outlook
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.