Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide first-line support, guidance and training in IOM Turkey, focusing on Implementing Partners (IPs), with respect to IOM’s policies, processes and procedures relating to organizational support functions including but not limited to finance and compliance, human resources, procurement and logistics.
- In line with the IOM policy on Fraud Awareness and Prevention Guidelines (IN/70), implement anti-fraud measures to safe guard the organization from processes and procedures that may lead to corrupt practices. Ensure close coordination with relevant units in the mission, Regional Office and Headquarters for development of systems and tools to be implemented and ensure that these systems and tools are aligned to IOM policies, rules and regulations. Liaise with Information Management Unit (IMU) to develop tools/module in the Portal.
- Monitor the implementation of appropriate procurement processes relating to issuing call for proposals and bidding documents through selection of Implementing Partners ensuring integrity and transparency of the entire process. Advise, coordinate and inform senior management on risk management and risks identified in the procurement processes in the mission.
- Establish vetting system in coordination with Global Procurement Support Unit (GPSU) and other relevant units. Analyze requests to engage IPs, validate capacity and credentials of IPs, and evaluate information regarding IPs’ performance in the areas of overall quality of project implementation, adherence to standards and conditions in the agreement and achievement of project objectives.
- Prepare and implement guidance for sound administration of IPs, covering the aspects of finance, human resources, logistics, procurement, contracting, warehouse operations, asset administration, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting that consider IOM’s general instructions, policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the Compliance Unit; set objectives, review processes and procedures, strategize and formulate risk mitigation measures for the unit.
- Endorse IP Capacity Assessments, findings and recommendations arising from assessment of IPs’ systems, policies and procedures; endorse verified financial reports submitted by IPs.
- Closely coordinate with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit on M&E findings related to outputs and quality of project implementation by IPs.
- In line with the IOM procurement manual (IN/168) and Field Authorization matrix, ensure that IPs observe proper segregation of duties within the organization.
- Enhance IOM Turkey contract tracking and administration system to ensure proper monitoring of contracts and agreements.
- Recommend mechanisms to prevent fraud and corruption among IPs. Follow up on audit reports as impacting Compliance Unit, including on the implementation of audit recommendations. Report all IP concerns and issues related to non-compliance of IOM policies, rules and regulations immediately to the direct supervisor.
- In coordination with Legal Unit, Office of the Inspector General and relevant units, ensure timely decision-making on cases of fraud and corruption committed by Implementing Partners and appropriate penalties to be applied.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience at the national or international level in financial management including financial advisory services together with managing staff and operational systems;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience with SAP a distinct advantage;
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline;
- Develops / follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement;
- Adapts financial, administrative and human resources practices to the requirements of IOM to facilitate the achievement of strategic objectives;
- Capacity to introduce adjustments to improvement procedures and process.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Turkish, Arabic, Kurdish, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Previous applicants do not need to re-apply.
Application Closing Date – 22 October 2019