ICT Assistant (Programme Support and Resource Planning)
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Prepare the relevant project documents for fundraising for the system development projects and corresponding financial monitoring and periodic reports and coordinate the donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures as well as specific donor requirements.
- Prepare, in coordination with the Programme Manager, the annual budget for the unit and in coordination with the relevant business unit focal points; prepare reports and documentation for the monitoring and oversight of the financial management for all activities including the financial expenditure and accountability.
- In coordination with the Migrant Solutions Project Managers, assist in the preparation of budgets for new projects and undertake financial analysis of projects.
- Review the monthly staff projectization to ensure staff salaries are allocated to the relevant budgets and undertake review and analyse project receivables versus expenditure making sure projects do not reach deficits and initiate timely remedial action if necessary.
- Coordinate with the IT Procurement Unit the purchase of IT equipment and Software licenses; and, prepare the relevant purchase and payment documents and coordinate for endorsement and track inventory of software licenses for the unit including renewals and termination, as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain the documentation required for vendor sourcing and outsourcing of projects for the unit and coordinate with relevant procurement units for the RFP processes
- Verify that the information on invoices/credit note(s) issued by vendors is correct and process for approval by the Supervisor. Forward approved invoices to financial units for further processing and respond to queries on the status of payment of invoices.
- Participate in stakeholder engagement meetings and workshops and provide administrative support
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• A University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Procurement and Logistics or any related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of professional experience; or
• Completed High school / Secondary school education with six years of relevant experience;
• Professional certification in any of the above fields such as CIPS, Prince 2, Project management is a distinct advantage.
• Advanced experience in computerized systems, such as MS Office suite and SAP/PRISM;
• Excellent knowledge of procurement and logistics rules and procedures in IOM or a similar organization;
• Experience in project management and regulations as per the Project Handbook.
• Excellent report writing, oral and written, communication skills and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships; and demonstrate excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Strong organizational skills and able to prioritize and effectively manage competing demands without any loss of quality or service;
• Knowledge of accounting system, software and procedures in IOM or a similar UN organization is an added advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.