Procurement and Logistics Officer
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage the procurement activities of IOM Iraq and provide first-line support, guidance and training in the country with respect to IOM’s policies, rules and regulations relating to procurement and supply chain matters.
- Conduct procurement and supply chain activities related to the emergency and post-emergency operation, ensuring all critical work and documentation are in order, on time and of high quality.
- Monitor implementation of appropriate procurement processes, procedures and solutions, ensuring the application of solid internal control systems.
- Follow up with CO to ensure timely submission of necessary asset and procurement reports and documentation within the country to relevant Headquarters (HQs) Departments and to MAC, as appropriate.
- Manage and monitor all supply chain tasks and activities, including budgeting, scheduling and provision of materials and equipment needed by the CO. Prepare regular progress reports, statistical information and briefing material as required.
- Analyze procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor’s performance in the areas of quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the Organization’s best interests. Ensure the availability of a pool of qualified suppliers, vendors and contractors to address the needs of the CO.
- Solicit bids, quotations, and tender documents; oversee bidding process and provide support for procurement transactions, analyze them for conformity to specified requirements; conduct appraisals and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment; prepare purchase orders and ensure receiving authorization by the Resource Management Officer (RMO) and the CoM.
- Monitor the organization and maintenance of systems and procedures for procurement/contracting of supplies, equipment, services needed by the CO.
- Ensure that appropriate funds are available for purchase; ensure receipts are received when payment is conducted in cash; request authorization of the RMO regarding bank transfer payments.
- Identify supply chain bottlenecks (value stream mapping) and propose ways to fill in the gaps and ensure proper distribution mechanisms are in place.
- Work with the programme management in field operations and provide support in preparing and issuing call for proposals and bidding documents for the tendering processes of the projects. Ensure bidding process are done fairly, transparently and in accordance with the set rules and regulations under the IOM Procurement Manual IN/168 Rev2.
- Develop and implement Procurement and Supply initiatives and projects in the country, in accordance with the Division’s framework.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations;
• Demonstrated experience in training and managing large teams of co-workers, managing vendors and suppliers.
• Extensive knowledge of IOM/UN internal procurement and financial rules, as well as IOM’s system and processes as they apply to procurement and logistics;
• Excellent level of computer literacy and good knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.