CONTEXT Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Procurement and Logistics assistant, the Procurement Assistant will provide general procurement assistance to the MAC units in line with IOM policies, rules and regulations.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE Education
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience in procurement and logistics, international vendor sourcing and contract negotiation of which one year experience in UN system or multinational organization; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience performing procurement, supply chain management related tasks of which one year in any UN system or any multi-cultural organization will be an advantage.
- Computer literacy including MS Office applications such as Word, Excel etc.
- Work experience using SAP procurement module is an advantage.
- In depth knowledge of UN Procurement and supply chain protocols and processes.
- Good Inventory and management skills.
- Team Player and goal oriented.
- Good Logical and analytical skills.