Senior Operations Assistant
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake daily Operations activities in the assigned area(s), such as slot allocation requests (SAR), pre-paid migrant travel, staff travel or arrival operations, and provide overall support to the Senior Operations Officer in overseeing arrivals, receiving and transmitting case-related data, coordinating Operations activities with IOM Ports of Entry (POEs), US Resettlement Agencies (RA), PRM, RPC, IOM service providers and IOM sending missions, supporting staff travel and providing statistical and analytical reports to management using applications such as Receiving Mission Interface (RMI), SAR, Amadeus and I-Gator.
- As required, oversee a team of staff members and support staff development processes such as hiring, providing training, assigning duties and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis to ensure high quality work and the accurate completion of activities.
- In relation to movement operations, as assigned, monitor USRAP reports, including ABNs, Departure Notifications, Cancellations and Domestic Bookings, verify unaccompanied refugee minor (URM) and medical movements plans adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), monitor Night Shift Reports and ensure urgent actions are taken, produce data on incident reports for management, the Medical Movements Coordinator and RAs, monitor Promissory Note Inventory reports and liaise with POEs and IOM Irvine on issues, and advise sending missions on movement plans.
- In relation to SAR, as assigned, review slots itineraries, and check departure, arrival times and terminals in SAR against the flight schedule in Amadeus. Authorize arrival slot requests from sending missions, monitor the arrival weekly and monthly schedules distributed reports and provide statistics up on request from the Senior Operations Officer and senior management, produce reports on global and regional seat inventories for comparison with USRAP movement targets, and, in coordination with the Senior Operations Officer and RMM Geneva, monitor the quarterly slot requests based on the projections taking into consideration the airlines and POE percentages and make quarterly recommendations to sending missions on the use of POEs.
- In relation to pre-paid migrant travel, as assigned, serve as the contact for clients, sending missions, petitioners and RAs, liaise with IOM NY arrival operations and Finance on travel arrangements, process, monitor and verify payment collection and distribution of relevant information, oversee payments in TRAPPS and report to Finance and management, deposit payments, and, upon departure, inform sponsors and RAs, issue cost reports and refunds, reconcile payments and ensure accurate distribution of funds taking into account fares, service fees, credit card transaction fees and other costs.
- In relation to staff travel duties, as assigned, monitor and respond to all staff travel requests, make airline reservations and issue tickets through Amadeus, airline websites and Travel Agents in accordance with the IOM staff travel policy and STC guidelines, liaise with airlines and concerned parties regarding flight cancellations, rebooking and documents required in transit and destination countries, orient staff on special terms and conditions of travel, make entries into the IOM staff travel log, create entries in I-GATOR and follow up on ticket refunds, and verify invoices from service providers.
- Support the Senior Operations Officer in monitoring the workflow of the Department and making sure all activities are done in a timely manner. As needed, assist in planning, coordinating and streamlining the workflows, providing regular feedback to management through data, reports and sharing best practices.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the USRAP Operations SOPs and the USRAP chapter of the Movement Management Manual (MMM), as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with applicants, colleagues and partners.
- As needed, serve as a Focal Point for the development and maintenance of the IOM USA Operations SOPs and USRAP chapter of the MMM, serve as a Focal Point for USRAP training in the Operations Department and for IOM from other missions and POEs, and brief staff from other missions on USRAP SOPs and IOM USA Operations procedures.
- Train IOM staff members from sending missions and POEs to understand the role and work of the USA Operations unit and learn how to undertake arrival routine Operations Assistant duties related to ABNs, bookings, re-bookings, coordination with POEs, RAs and PRM, medical cases, and URMs, using such tools as RMI and reports.
- Maintain and promote the confidentiality and integrity of all USRAP-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by staff members.
- Undertake duty travel as needed to support USRAP activities and applications, including TRAPPS, WRAPS, MiMOSA, RMI and CDC and RA interfaces, conduct database testing and participate in meetings and training.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Degree/Certificate with 6 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of experience in preferably with an airline, travel agency, NGO or international organization
- Knowledge of AMADEUS, HIT, MiMOSA, I-GATOR, RMI, SAR, TRAPPS, global airline routings is recommended distinct advantage
- Excellent computer skills, including in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the internet, experience handling large volumes of email, and accuracy in handling and reporting on data.
- Mature, flexible, self-motivated and objective-driven, with the ability to travel and work overtime as needed an advantage
- Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and strong attention to detail.
Fluency in English. Working knowledge of Burmese, Nepalese, Russian, Bhutanese, Arabic, Ki-Swahili, French, Spanish, Amharic or Somali is an advantage