Established in 1959, the Inter-American Development Bank (“IDB” or “Bank”) is the main source of financing for economic, social and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. It provides loans, grants, guarantees, policy advice and technical assistance to the public and private sectors of its borrowing countries.
The Inter-American Development Bank Group (IDBG) consists of 28 country offices throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. Each country office has an IT Support Specialist who is required to provide IT support services to IDB Group stakeholders.
The Information Technology Operations Division of the Information Technology Department is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of solutions for the IADB. The development of these solutions is a service that forms part of the standard service catalog of the Department; this service is available to all departments in the IADB.
The objective of the consultancy is to provide local desktop support and maintain a reliable and responsive IT environment to support the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC) at headquarters. Such IT environment encompasses personal computers (workstations and laptops), telecommunications and mobile devices. The IT local support services include:
- User support – Comprising the required services to support staff and international staff on mission in the use of computers, telecommunications, and office equipment.
- Infrastructure administration – Comprising the required services to implement, manage and operate the Bank Group’s personal computing equipment.
- Information and training assistance – Comprising the required services to assist in the processing of information and delivery of IT How-To sessions.
The regular services to be provided by Local IT Support are:
- User Support
- These services relate to the provision of IT support to local and international staff, contractors, and staff on mission from Country Offices.
- User Training Coordination:
- Assist in identifying IT training needs.
- Prepare and deliver IT HOW-TO training sessions.
- Prepare HOW-TO guides
- User Technical Assistance
- Provide assistance for the use of computers and portable devices (desktop, laptop, docking station, PDA, etc.), including installation, configuration, advice, and troubleshooting
- Ensure that all user requests and incidents are properly entered and documented in the ITE Service Now system
- Ensure that all incidents and work orders are properly logged in the Service Now system
- Monitor all incidents and work orders through the Service Now and follow up with the appropriate teams and users on any outstanding tickets
- Provide assistance for the use of presentation equipment in events (projector, laptop, audio, etc.), including installation, configuration, advice, and troubleshooting
- Provide assistance for the use of corporate applications (used IDB Group-wide), including installation, configuration, testing, advice, and troubleshooting
- Technical Support
- Service infrastructure incidents
- Investigate and resolve infrastructure problems within control
- Obtain vendor support to resolve problems beyond control
- Academic Degree/ Level & Years of Professional Work Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent and at least five years of relevant professional, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Languages: Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Areas of expertise: Experience in customer support activities. Working knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes for incident, service request and knowledge management. ITIL certification is a plus. Windows Active Directory, Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 clients, Office 365.
- Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills
- Consultancy category and modality: Defined Term Contractual (DTC), monthly
- Contract duration: 19 months
- Place of work: Headquarters. Washington, D.C. United States of America.
- Responsible person: ITE/ITO Team Leader