Application closing date: 7 June 2018
With a view to improving the functioning of the European Union internal market, the EBA contributes to ensuring a high quality, effective and consistent level of regulation and supervision in its areas of competence. It also promotes public values such as the stability of the financial system, the transparency of markets and financial products, and the protection of depositors and investors.
It works to prevent regulatory arbitrage and guarantee a level playing field, strengthens international supervisory coordination, promotes supervisory convergence and provides advice to the Union institutions in the areas of banking, payments and e-money regulation and supervision, and related corporate governance, auditing and financial reporting issues.
As an integral part of the European System of Financial Supervision (ESFS), the EBA works closely together with her sister authorities, the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) and the European Securities Market Authorities (ESMA), as well as the Joint Committee and the European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB).
The EBA is seeking a suitable candidate for the position of IT Operations Specialist who will play an important role in operating and supporting the IT applications and backend infrastructure used by the EBA and the National Competent Authorities.
Contributing to operating the IT solutions in the test and production environment. Collaborating closely with Development Teams and Vendors/Service providers to ensure EBA’s application platforms remain scalable, secure and effective. Contributing to the design and drafting policies and standards in the area of IT production operations and in relation to the regulations of the European Commission
- Monitoring and operating the end to end IT platforms, from machine level all the way to application level, including but not restricted to, Windows Servers, SharePoint farms, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Mulesoft, WebLogic, RHEL in a highly virtualized environment
- Driving high-levels of automation in the monitoring, diagnosis, patching, reporting and operation of IT platforms;
- System issue identification and resolution, acting as IT Operations expert for Level 2 and Lever 3 support;
- Communicating with both, internal and external, customers in a professional manner to resolve issues;
- Ensuring availability of service according to business needs, provisioning of redundancy and failover, regular review of DR and resilience;
- Monitoring capacity, usage and availability of services; driving innovation and promoting new technologies for elastic and secure usage of IT platforms;
- Acting as technical expert and owner of IT production platforms, having a key role in Incident and Problem Management, ensuring Information Security and Change Control requirements are observed, using ticketing and workflow tooling for said processes and controls;
- Taking initiative, promoting innovation and automation, raising and fixing issues and incidents in close collaboration with his/her team, Development teams, business owners and users;
- Executing day-to-day User Management tasks for production applications;
- Coordinating Change Control migration process through non-Production and Production environments according to policies and procedures.
The EBA IT Team is small and requires sharing of tasks amongst its members. Shared tasks include for example:
- Contributing to drafting technical specifications for tender procedures and participating in the evaluation;
- Contributing to the planning of maintenance activities in particular related to the EBA’s backend environment;
- Purchasing of hardware and software from existing framework contracts of the European Banking Authority;
- Contributing to drafting and validating technical designs in particular for the EBA’s IT infrastructure and backend systems (i.e. RHEL, MS Windows Server, Oracle RDBMS, MS SQL Server, Oracle WebLogic, etc.).
1. Eligibility Criteria
To be considered eligible, candidates must satisfy all the criteria listed below, by the deadline for submitting applications.
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, or a national of the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway);
- Be entitled to his/her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
To be eligible, a candidate must have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least one year.
1.2.2 Professional experience
To qualify for the position, a candidate must have, in addition to the above, at least 6 years of relevant proven fulltime professional experience in the field of IT of which at least 4 years in a comparable position after completing the education as mentioned under 1.2.1.
1.2.3 Knowledge of languages
For working purposes, as English is the working language of the EBA,8 an excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken, is required.9 Native English speakers will be tested to prove their second language skills, in accordance with section 1.1.