Legal Aid (Information, Counselling & Legal Assistance) Project Managers
The Middle East Regional Office was created in January 2014 as part of NRC’s reorganization process. We currently have more than 2,000 staff in the Middle East assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan and Palestine, working in the shelter, education, food security, water, sanitation and hygiene sectors, with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.
In addition to these core competencies we are particularly focused on Legal Support programmes in the region. Through these unique programmes we support refugees in gaining access to information and support with regards to Housing, Land and Property (HLP) Rights, Legal Identity, support to apply for refugee status, support to register as an internally displaced person (IDP)
Our Ideal Candidate:
For these interesting and rewarding roles, we’re looking for applicants with a university post-graduate (preferably in law) with a focus on international human rights, international humanitarian or refugee law. A minimum of 4 years of relevant project management and/or technical advisory experience in a humanitarian/recovery context, and particularly in the protection / legal assistance field. A strategic thinker, who can identify, plan and oversee the implementation of key ICLA activities needed. Technical experience with Housing, Land & Property (HLP) rights or civil documentation issues desirable.
In this position you can join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the region’s most vulnerable people. In addition to strong technical abilities, we are looking for a passionate, positive, individuals with strong communication skills, who can foster trust and collaboration within NRC and across our beneficiaries.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop ICLA strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends, technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within ICLA, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from ICLA implementation, and incorporate them in ICLA programme and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/Clusters/Sectors, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of displaced persons in line with the advocacy strategy
Please take note:
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
These posts are often located in non-family duty stations.
Please quote reference: ‘Legal Aid’ and attach a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org