National Consultant / Graphic Designer – Home based
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the guidance of the Communication Analyst and in close collaboration with the UN Women programme staff, the consultant’s primary tasks may include the following, among others:
- Working closely with UN Women teams, conceptualize and develop animation videos, graphics and infographics;
- Suggest ways on how best to visualize specific data and information derived from UN Women studies and surveys;
- Ensure user-friendly formats, layout, and design and that all publications, reports and products are produced in line with UN Women branding /visual/ graphic guidelines;
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and animated products;
- Design and lay-out of design for various applications such as advertisements, brochures, reports and other communications products for print and electronic distribution:
- Translate data into graphic elements – infographics, factographs;
- Layout and design information and communication materials (banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, bulletins, flyers, cards);
- Create animations for illustrative purposes such as gifs, animated visuals and more advanced solutions;
- Designer should work at his/her place and thus should have all the necessary equipment and software (corel, photoshop, quark, adobe professional) for producing designs/layouts;
- UN Women will provide the edited text, basic characteristics and photos for the products.
- Develop product concept format/design/layout in line with UN Women branding guidelines;
- For each material, at least three versions of a draft designs submitted. UN Women selects one design out of the three suggested options;
- Advice on final specifications for printing;
- Finalized electronic version of the particular product (full size and resized for web up to
- 5 kb) incorporating the inputs and feedback of UN Women;
- keep an archive of all the UN Women designs as well.
- Delivery of the print-ready version of the product to the printing house advised by UN Women and communication with the selected printer on all color separation/print related issues.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree (at least Bachelor’s) in visual arts and design or any relevant field;
- At least five years of experience as an art director or graphic designer;
- Proved experience in info graphics, data visualization and digital design;
- Fluency in Georgian and good knowledge of English.