Application closing date: 25 September 2018
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels
NATO Body: NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency)
Salary (Pay Basis): 6,620.31Euro (EUR) Monthly
Thus, if you possess 5 years practical finance/ accounting experience at a managerial level as well as experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) information systems and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, we would like to meet you!
The Financial Controller (FC) acts as the General Manager’s principal financial advisor, and is personally accountable for the correct application of funds approved for use of the Agency and its supported programmes. Under the direction of the Financial Controller, the NCI Agency Finance Directorate is responsible for all aspects of the planning, financial control, management and execution of the assigned resources of the NCI Agency, and any NATO Security Investment Programme (NSIP) funds authorized to the Agency. It is responsible for the promulgation of NCI Agency financial management policies and procedures related to the management of funds and co-ordinates all relevant financial matters with external bodies and organizations. It is responsible for Financial Management, Fiscal, and Accounting functions throughout the NCI Agency, both at Headquarters as well as CIS Support Units (CSUs). Within the Agency, leads on developing costing for CIS Services (Cost Modeling), and the financial aspects of Memoranda of Understanding and other agreements.
The Office of Business Management is responsible for the development, implementation and management of an Agency-wide harmonized customer funding model. The Office is responsible for financial planning, revenue and cost management, as well as timely capture, process and presentation of accurate and relevant financial information, tailored to user requirements, decisively contributing to an effective planning, monitoring and decision making process and operational stewardship of the Agency, including programs.
Under the supervision of the Business Management Section Head, you will perform duties such as the following:
- Develop and monitor the Key Management Assumptions (KMA) that support the Agency business and are strategic pillars to the Agency Financial Plan and Customer Funding Model;
- Develop and monitor the Customer Rates which underpin the Agency prices;
- Coordinate and develop the Agency multi-Year Financial Plan;
- Actively participate in the Agency’s resource planning activities in support and collaboration with other Directorates (Human Resources, Service Strategy and Demand Management in particular);
- Maintain sound and positive relationships with the customers and the NATO Resource Committees as Finance Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for Customer Funding model, KMAs, Financial Plan and Customer Rates;
- Conduct Financial analysis including variance analysis in support to the Agency general management;
- Participate in Agency working groups and studies as Finance SME;
- Participate in the Customer Funding Framework and model activities and studies;
- Contribute to general business improvement initiatives in the Finance Directorate;
- Represent, as required, the Financial Controller/Finance Directorate at Agency or external meetings, working groups and conferences;
- Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
- Perform other duties as may be required.
We are looking for a candidate with a Master’s degree in Business Management or related discipline together with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. Exceptionally, the lack of a Master’s degree, or postgraduate qualifications, may be compensated by a Bachelor’s degree with 7 years’ experience combined with the demonstration of particular abilities or experience of relevance to this post. Or exceptionally, the lack of a degree may be compensated by a lower academic qualification combined with the demonstration of particular abilities and 12 years of experience of relevance to this post, or with a military experience in a related subject
In addition to 5 years practical finance/ accounting experience at a managerial level, you will also have the following:
- Proven analytic skills and problem solving creativity on a variety of subjects of dissimilar nature;
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Good understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) information systems, specifically extracting and leveraging data into information to support quality decision making.
The following will be considered as an advantage:
- Experience working in a customer funded environment;
- Extensive experience in the use of an ERP system for planning and analytic functions;
- Knowledge of the NFRs and Financial Rules and Procedures;
- Experience in documenting business processes and identifying, and implementing improvement opportunities;
- Extensive experience in liaising with internal and external senior managers (e.g. Customers, NATO resource committees and representatives of member or partner Nations) and ability to build relationships across business;
- Applying IPSAS, IFRS and/or IAS;
- Regular use of Oracle Financial Tools;
- Use of PeopleSoft or similar resource management software;
- Knowledge of Customer Funding in a services environment;
- Experience in cost accounting and/or financial analysis;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of NATO and the organizational structure including governance/regulatory arrangements.
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
- Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCIA offices;
- May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language, and therefore a thorough knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of French is desirable.