Application closing date: 24 October 2018
Primary Location: Netherlands-The Hague
NATO Body: NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency)
Salary (Pay Basis): 6,992.41Euro (EUR) Monthly
3000 people are working 24/7 to protect approximately 1 billion citizens. We serve 29 nations by defending its networks, and providing real life support to NATO operations and missions. We connect the Alliance. We are leading IT professionals. We are the NCI Agency.
The NCI Agency is looking for a talented Senior Quality Engineer. You will play a key role supporting the establishment and maintenance of the NCI Agency Air Missile Defence Command & Control (AMDC2) ISO 9001 certified QMS in coordination with the NCI Agency’s corporate QM Function. Further, you will be responsible for coordinating and executing assigned QMS external and internal audits and QMS management reviews. Thus, if you possess MSc in Information Technology or Quality Management, experience and genuine interest in quality management in a Prince II environment,we would like to meet you!
The Quality and Safety Assurance Section (QSAS) establishes and maintains the ISO 9001 certification for the Air Missile Defence Command & Control (AMDC2) in coordination with the NCI Agency’s corporate QM Function. QSAS coordinates and supports related external and internal audits and leads related management reviews. QSAS provides QA Services to AirC2 and BMD projects and non-project activities following guidelines provided by the Enterprise QM and based on Prince II; this includes providing QA for internal development/maintenance and supplier QA for acquisition projects. QSAS establishes and maintains a safety assurance framework for AirC2 and BMD products/services; performs functional safety audits, establishes/maintains safety assessments (Safety Cases) for products and services and assesses product/service changes for their impact on safety of the product/service. Establishes a framework to support continuous service improvement and where applicable liaises with Service Strategy to promote these improvements to a wider forum in the NCI Agency.
Under the supervision of Head QSAS, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the establishment and maintenance of the NCI Agency AMDC2 ISO 9001 certified QMS in coordination with the NCI Agency’s corporate QM Function;
- Coordinate and execute assigned QMS external and internal audits and QMS management reviews;
- Coordinate and execute the assigned Prince II based QA Services to AMDC2 development / maintenance projects and non-project activities;
- Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
It is essential that you hold a Master of Science (MSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified university in a technical subject with substantial Information Technology (IT) or Quality Management content and 5 years’ functionally related experience or Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified university in a technical subject with substantial Information Technology (IT) or Quality Management content and 7 years’ functionally related experience . Exceptionally, the lack of a university/college degree may be compensated by the demonstration of a candidate’s particular abilities or experience that is/are of interest to NCI Agency; that is, at least 12 years extensive and progressive expertise in the duties related to the function of the post.
It is essential that you hold, at least, 5 years of experience in the field of quality management, quality assurance and quality control activities, preferably for major, software-intensive systems in a Prince II environment.
Further to this, it is also essential that you are able to display:
- Recent practical experience in the quality management including quality assurance and quality control activities within the context of system/software acquisition and development;
- Experience in conducting process audits;
- Experience in supporting projects with quality services.
- In addition to the above it would be considered highly desirable if you are able to display:
- Knowledge of quality engineering theory, standards (e.g. AQAPs, ISO 9000 series, ISO 25010, Prince2, etc.) and techniques;
- Experience in providing quality services within a Prince 2 and/or ITIL framework;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
- Deciding and Initiating Action – Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks;
- Working with People – Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well;
- Writing and Reporting – Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well-structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience;
- Analysing – Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system;
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals;
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks – Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurised environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCI Agency offices; May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
A thorough knowledge of one of the two NATO languages, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other is desirable. NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.