Senior Technician, AV Innovation and Transformation
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Salary (Pay Basis): 3,942.43Euro (EUR) Monthly
Grade: Grade G10
Contract: 3 years
Application Deadline: 17-Oct-2021
The Interpretation and Conference Services (ICS) provides direct support to NATO’s core business – the daily consultation among nations. It includes all the components found in established International Organisations for the provision of modern conference services, including bookings, planning and coordination, and the provision of technical Audio-Visual (AV) support, room preparation and interpretation for all official NATO languages and others on request. The HQ is a cutting edge building presenting 21st century challenges. All NATO conference and meeting facilities are under the purview of the AV Services to a greater or lesser extent in terms of operations, maintenance and user support. These facilities include conference rooms in the secure and the unclassified areas, 30+ meeting rooms throughout the building, Virtual Meeting rooms, Video Teleconference (VTC) rooms, training rooms, and the AV installations in other premises. Under the direction of the Project Manager, AV Innovation and Transformation, the Senior Technician will contribute to the implementation of AV projects from inception to completion in support of the infrastructure’s innovation and transformation requirements. This includes the design, implementation, testing, documentation and support of complex improvement and/or upgrading of existing systems and of replacement systems.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must:
- have a good general education at least to higher secondary level;
- have at least 4 years of recent experience in designing and implementing AV systems and/or applications, including their integration;
- have experience dealing with complex AV installation and demonstrate a thorough knowledge in:
- audio networking (for example DANTE), audio and video signal processors and networking;
- advanced AV infrastructure (routing, conversions, control, dependencies);
- configuring all-in-one presentation switchers (unified audio, video, and control devices);
- video teleconference systems and associated protocols.
- possess good understanding of networking technologies, protocols and hardware;
- demonstrate knowledge of conference systems and automation control systems;
- have experience in identifying and understanding security threats and mitigation techniques;
- have experience with the use of MS Visio and have a good knowledge of standard office applications (Excel, Word, etc.);
- be able to work cooperatively in a team environment with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds, as well as independently;
- possess the following minimum levels of NATO’s official languages (English/French): V (“Advanced”) in one; II (“Elementary”) in the other;
- have the flexibility to work outside regular office hours in response to crises and urgent requirements.
The following would be considered an advantage:
- certification in DANTE;
- previous experience working with StarDraw;
- previous experience working in AMX, Crestron and/or BSS programming;
- experience working in an international environment;
- be familiar with the NATO HQ Security Regulations – Communication and Information Systems (CIS) Security;
- a higher level in the other NATO official language.
- MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES
Under the direction of the Project Manager, AV Innovation and Transformation, assist in the analysis, study, design, implementation, testing and documentation of solutions to meet business requirements. Ensure that industry best practices and Organisation’s standards are used consistently and effectively. Translate user input to functional requirements for any associated system. Provide Level II/III support during handover phase and train and support AVI (Audio-Visual Infrastructure) colleagues on the new technologies and/or processes. Advise on the choice of AV systems to best suit the requirements of NATO for a modern, secure and healthy working environment. Stay constantly informed of developments in the technologies available on the market to improve and modernise the AV systems at NATO.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, AV Innovation and Transformation, ensure that projects are delivered in a timely manner. Follow up on project-related technical issues and associated punch lists. Raise project or systemic risks with management and engage proactively in mitigating these risks. Help implement new procedures, tools and improvements. Take remedial action for technical issues likely to impact operations, immediately if necessary. Occasionally act as TCR Operator or Field Technician if so required.
Ensure that system and business knowledge is up-to-date and shared, through the appropriate design, implementation, technical and support documentation. Escalate issues and draft reports whenever necessary. Take part in the post-implementation review by evaluating project results, coordinate storage and inventory of any associated AV equipment.
Attend meetings as requested. Build and maintain effective collaborative relations with the many clients and stakeholders of the service within the Organization and beyond to help capturing requirements, managing expectations and facilitating service delivery. Establish a strong cooperation with the Lead, AVI in order to support projects in line with operational requirements as well as to resource project teams. Collaborate with staff involved in the projects; ensure a timely execution of tasks, and offer guidance as well as support at critical moments.
Perform any other related duty as assigned.
The incumbent reports to the Project Manager, AV Innovation and Transformation. S/he collaborates closely with the Lead, AVI who manages the overall AV infrastructure. S/he coordinates – as appropriate – with staff members of various Division/Independent Offices from the NATO Headquarters as well as with other NATO stakeholders and external suppliers.
Direct reports: N/a
Indirect reports: N/a
The incumbent must demonstrate:
- Achievement: Works to meet standards.
- Analytical Thinking: Breaks down problems;
- Customer Service Orientation: Takes personal responsibility for correcting problems;
- Flexibility: Acts with flexibility;
- Initiative: Is decisive in a time-sensitive situation;
- Organisational Commitment: Supports the Organization;
- Self-Control: Responds calmly;
- Teamwork: Co-operates.