Application closing date: 12 December 2018
Location: Norfolk, Virginia, USA
- Notes for candidates: the candidature of NATO redundant staff at grade B-5 will be considered before any other candidates.
- Notes for NATO Civilian Human Resources Managers: If you have qualified redundant staff at grade B-5, please advise the HQ SACT Civilian HR Manager no later than the closing date.
Contract: Serving NATO International Civilian staff will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations. Newly recruited staff will be offered a three year definite duration contract.
Salary: Starting basic salary (effective 1 January 2018) is 5741.47 USD per month to which relevant allowances will be added.
If you are social media specialist with excellent IT skills looking to join a dynamic team working in a multi-national environment, HQ SACT would be interested in hearing from you.
ACT contributes to preserving the peace, security and territorial integrity of Alliance member states by leading, at Strategic Command level, Warfare Development required to enhance NATO’s posture, military structures, forces, capabilities and doctrines. The Command Group provides general support, coordination, management, administrative service and specialist advice to SACT, DSACT and COS.
Chief of Staff (COS) is responsible to SACT and DSACT for the staff activity necessary to execute ACT’s mission. It is the focal point for the implementation of the Commander’s direction and guidance as well as the initiation and co-ordination of all ACT staff efforts. The Staff Advisory Group (SAG) is comprised of different competencies grouped into several offices (Political Advisor, Legal Advisor, Gender Advisor, Financial Controller, Command Auditor, Communication Branch and Pentagon Liaison). It works under the direction and guidance of COS and provides general staff support, coordination, management, administrative service, and specialists’ advice to SACT.
The ACT Communication Branch is responsible for communicating the strategic vision and messages or the Command. The Branch consists of the Public Affairs (PA) and the Corporate Communication (CC) Sections. The Branch oversees the PA and CC Sections and focuses on the coordination of Strategic Communication activities with NATO HQ, Allied Command Operations, subordinate commands and ACT teams in accordance with the roles and responsibilities stated in the MC 0628. The Branch is responsible for ensuring that the PA and the CC Sections deliver integrated, coherent, consistent, synchronized and clear internal and external communication, towards aligned outcomes in accordance with Supreme Allied Commander Transformation’s intent.
The Staff Assistant Animation and Social Media is responsible for developing art work for internal and external stakeholders, able to visualise ACT’s key outputs, as well as planning and executing Social Media campaigns. As a secondary duty, he/she should be aware of and familiar with the tasks of the Webmaster in order to provide support, when requested, in maintaining all HQ SACT unclassified, publically accessible (Internet) websites and content on www.act.nato.int.
Reports to: Section Head (Public Affairs Office/Branch Deputy)
- Create graphics and animations for ACT, translating often complex issues into visually attractive art work for pre-defined target audience groups to be published in print/ electronic media products, presentations, and video products.
- Plan, research and coordinate with relevant divisions and branches within the HQ and with other organizations within ACT (as applicable) to obtain timely and appropriate content to develop projects.
- Manage HQ SACT’s corporate Social Media channels; plan, coordinate, draft and publishi content, monitor and drive Social Media engagement, report on the performance of HQ SACT’s social media channels, and continuously develop HQ SACT’s presence on Social Media.
- Assist Webmaster in maintaining the ACT website and corporate Social Media channels. There are no first line reporting responsibilities. e
- Other duties as defined in line with promoting HQ SACT programmes of work.
- University Degree in information science, management information systems, information technology or related discipline.
- 1 year’ experience in Graphic Animation between graphics design and video editing, creating graphics and animations for media companies, advertisers, computer game companies and alike.
- 2 to 4 years of extensive experience in developing content for social media; strategic planning, community management, understand how content works on a social web, optimizing content and technology, creative mindset, writing skills, be on top of the latest digital marketing trends.
- Excellent IT skills to effectively and efficiently support the ACT Webmaster.
- Measures the effectiveness and reach and effect of social media engagements.
English – SLP 3333 – (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing) NOTE: The work both oral and written in this post and in this Headquarters as a whole is conducted mainly in English.
- Experience in communications, Public Relations/ Public Affairs or journalism.
- Previous staff experience in joint and/ or multi-national HQ.
- Media Analysis experience.
- Experience in web marketing.
- A knack for storytelling.
- Prior Social Media community management.
- Postgraduate qualification in animation.
- Advanced knowledge of:
- Specialist computer generation software such as Maya, Adobe Flash and After Effects; published art work in magazines, online, in television advertisements, among numerous other media.
- Commercial Content Management Systems (CMSs) in general, with knowledge of Joomla!
- Publishing and imaging software – Professional Video Editing software
- Working knowledge of:
- Content creation tools such as SharePoint Designer and DreamWeaver
- Adobe Macromedia Studio
- Adobe Photoshop
- MS Source Safe or other version control systems
- Multiple operating systems and browsers for compatibility testing