CARE seeks a passionate Nutrition Professional to Manage our UNICEF and WFP funded Nutrition Projects in Koch and Rubkona counties of South Sudan by ensuring that interventions are implemented on target and within the allocated budget and time. The operation includes the delivery of both static and mobile nutrition interventions in some of the most remote locations of South Sudan. The manager will need to have demonstrated experience managing programs in conflict affected counties, working with UNICEF and WFP funded programs and leading diverse teams. As the post is field based, a high level of cultural sensitivity is required. The PM will ensure that interventions contribute to South Sudan’s Ministry of Health efforts in reducing malnutrition among children and providing strategic support in designing the country’s Child Survival Plan for a more robust action in the future. In addition, the Nutrition PM may act as the Area Manager for all CARE’s operations in Rubkona and Koch Counties.
Reporting to the Assistant Country Director for Programs (ACD-P), the PM will keep up to date with best practices in malnutrition prevention and intervention in order to act as an expert and provide advice and guidance as required; Compliance with technical requirements and policies and regulations of CARE. S/he will deliver nutrition activities in accordance with MOH guidelines. Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project /program deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes. Responsible for submitting activity reports, and financial reports on regular basis to the donor. Leads and motivates the program team. Employs resourcefulness in project/program design, implementation and monitoring. Comfortable with ambiguity- trouble shoots project/program problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions. She/he will be responsible for maintaining regular contacts with key partners including CHD, UNICEF & WFP sub-offices, technical sector heads and other agencies at field level
- Provide accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective strategic and tactical planning
- Monitor the effective utilization of program supplies and materials.
- Prepare periodic work and financial reports on the implementation and challenges of health and nutrition program interventions.
- Prepare project procurement plan and follow up on procurement and delivery of project supplies needed for use in the project
- Develop and assure strong relations with UNICEF, WFP and potential donors.
- Represent CARE at county level coordination meetings
- Establish and maintain good relationships with relevant counterparts/departments of the government, the locally-represented organizations
- Take lead in conducting a service availability mapping to inform setting of nutrition sites
- Bachelors’ degree in Nutrition, Food Science, Dietetics, Public Health / Nutrition or related field.
- Masters in Public Health Management or Administration is desired.
- Three (3) years managing nutrition projects in emergency contexts.
- Experience and knowledge working with Clusters and Managing UN grants
- Demonstrated experience leading nutrition projects implementation in complex international development environments and/or conflict zones
- Proven capacity to negotiate and work with governments at different levels
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written)
- Enthusiastic and energetic to make a difference especially in women
- Excellent training skills in defined health/nutrition