Adviser (Gender Issues) – OSCE – Vienna, Austria
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Senior Adviser on Gender Issues, and the direct supervision of the Senior Co-ordination Adviser on Gender Issues, the incumbent will provide programmatic expertise in the thematic area of the inclusion of women in conflict prevention, crisis management and post-conflict rehabilitation. More specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Secretariat, Institutions and field operations in the implementation of the 2004 Action Plan for the Promotion of Gender Equality, and the 2005 and 2011 Ministerial Council decisions (MCD), in particular regarding the inclusion of gender analysis and women in mediation, conflict prevention, crisis management and post-conflict rehabilitation;
- Suggesting strategies and providing technical assistance to various OSCE units and field operations on mainstreaming gender in their projects and activities, making a visible link between gender equality and politico-military security, in particular for the implementation of the Ministerial Council decision 14/05 and UN Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 1325 and subsequent resolutions on women, peace and security;
- Assisting the Secretariat, Institutions and field operations to develop a consistent and systematic approach to integrating a gender perspective throughout their activities; promoting the effective use of instruments for gender mainstreaming, in particular in security sector, and peace building projects;
- Participating in the capacity building of gender focal points, promoting networking and the dissemination of good practices;
- Contributing to the drafting of technical documents and proposals for extra budgetary (ExB) projects of the Gender Issues Programme, in co-ordination and cooperation with the Secretariat, Institutions and field operations; reviewing ExB proposals in the politico-military dimension of security and suggesting adequate measures for gender mainstreaming;
- Assisting in the preparation of the Annual Progress Report on Gender Equality in the OSCE, compiling data from various OSCE units and preparing analysis and recommendations;
- Liaising with relevant international and regional organizations as well as politico-military structures within and outside the Organization with regard to gender matters and, as appropriate, promote the exchange of best practices;
- Performing other related duties, such as representing the Senior Adviser in various meetings and events, as required.
- First-level university degree in international relations, political science, gender studies, or social sciences or a related field;
- A minimum of six years of professional experience in political affairs , gender equality and human rights;
- Demonstrated experience in programme management in bi- or multilateral development organizations;
- Solid knowledge of international documents and conventions related to gender equality, including the UNSCR 1325 and subsequent resolutions on the women, peace and security;
- Knowledge of the OSCE politico-military commitments and practical expertise of the work of OSCE would be an asset;
- Hands-on experience in developing and providing training on gender equality issues;
- Proven knowledge and application of gender analysis, preferably within the context conflict, conflict resolution and post conflict recovery;
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyse and evaluate critical matters pertaining to a broad spectrum of issues related to gender equality ;
- Sound knowledge of OSCE principles, commitments and fundamental documents;
- Professional fluency in English, both oral and written; knowledge of other OSCE working languages, would be an asset;Excellent communication and co-ordination skills;
- Strong capacity for initiative-taking;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds whilst remaining impartial and objective;
- Demonstrated computer-related skills and ability to operate Windows applications, including word processing and e-mail.
- Ability and willingness to travel outside the duty station.
Closing date for applications 14 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com