Associate Programme Officer – OSCE – Warsaw, Poland
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Adviser on Roma and Sinti Issues, Chief of CPRSI, the Associate Programme Officer, Roma and Sinti Issues shall perform the following functions and duties:
- Monitoring and analyzing the human rights situation of Roma and Sinti in the OSCE area, identify emerging challenges and trends and particular situations that have the potential for escalating into tensions or crises situations and propose ODIHRs response where immediate action is required;
- Providing advice on all aspects and issues related to the implementation of the Action Plan in the form of reports and analysis, background materials and talking points;
- Preparing analytical human rights assessment reports on the situation of Roma and Sinti in the OSCE region and monitoring reports in line with the OSCE/ODIHR mandate;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of projects and activities related to the CPRSIs yearly programmatic outline, as well as of tasks of ODIHR CPRSI and the overall objectives of the Action Plan;
- Engaging in the implementation of ODIHR CPRSI activities, projects and programmes, internally with ODIHR Departments, with relevant OSCE institutions and field operations, and externally with the other intergovernmental organizations (UN, CoE, EU), national authorities, international organizations and civil society supporting Roma and Sinti inclusion;
- Participating and contributing to conferences and meetings hosted by national and local authorities addressing Roma and Sinti Issues and developing and maintaining relations with Roma and Sinti civil society organizations in the OSCE region;
- Performing other related duties as required.
- First-level university degree in law, political science, sociology or social science, public administration, international relations of other related field;
- At least four years of progressively responsible professional experience at national and international levels in human rights, public policy, Roma and Sinti or related field (either in governmental, international organization or NGO);
- Proven experience in human and minority rights, in Roma and Sinti issues or other vulnerable groups; familiarity with national, regional and international policies and initiatives addressing Roma and Sinti;
- Demonstrated experience in designing, planning and implementing project activities addressing the situation of Roma and Sinti with a gender mainstreaming and/or diversity management approach;
- Experience in monitoring human rights or relevant field experience on human rights and Roma and Sinti;
- Good understanding of the international environment and functioning of international human rights institutions and bodies and their work on Roma and Sinti;
- Professional fluency in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills; knowledge of Romani, Russian and/or other OSCE language(s) would be an asset;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications.
Closing date for applications 27 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com