Finance Assistant – OSCE – Kramatorsk, Ukraine
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision the Administrative Officer and overall guidance of the Director, Administration and Finance /Finance Unit in HQ the Finance Assistant assists with Finance activities in the following services:
- On a daily bases prepares and examines documentation for processing staff/supplier’s financial claims, creates and validates payment and receipt of invoices, hotel bills, rent payment of facilities and premises utilized by OSCE, payment of utilities used by OSCE, excess luggage reimbursement, etc.; Interprets OSCE Staff Rules and Regulations applicable to process payment and reimbursement and advises Mission Members accordingly when required.
- Prepares accounting of petty cash/Cash Operational Advance, prepares all other forms and paper work electronic or actual-as required by Administration and Finance.
- Assists in distribution of Board and Lodging Allowances BLAs, salaries and reimbursements within Monitoring Team (MT)/Patrol Hub (PH)/Forward Patrol Base (FPB) in his /her Area of Responsibility (AoR); assist with processing of Payment Method Forms.
- Prepares Official Travel Authorizations, ensures that the balance of travel advances in excess of amount of the travel claim is recovered and the remaining obligations pertain only to unpaid expenses.
- Ensures the timely and correct administration of financial entitlements of staff, such as reimbursement of internal and external duty trips, initial appointments, separation, deployment, re-deployment, temporary reallocations, training, Home Leave/Rest and Recuperation (R&R) travel reimbursement, etc.
- Handles administrative aspect of MT/PH/FPB needs of accommodation, transportation, office supplies, conference rooms, materials, editing and printing, translation and interpretation, equipment, etc.
- Maintains communication with government officials, donors, international and non-government organisations by drafting written correspondence, arranging, organizing and participating at meetings, conferences and training courses involving national and international counterparts.
- Keeps minutes from meetings and drafts reports, updates and maintains current registers and files, some of which are highly confidential.
- Briefs or trains junior/newly appointed staff when needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Ukrainian citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Ukraine;
- Secondary education supplemented by specialized studies in Administration, Accounting, Finance;
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in accounting in a national or international large administrative set up;
- Professional fluency in the English, Ukrainian and Russian languages, both oral and written;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications and desirable experience with ERP systems;
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure, proven resilience to high stress environments;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Cultural sensitivity and judgment.