The purpose of this role is to support the Implementation of ECHO project.
Dimensions of role:
Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and with partners and related government institutions. The post holder will coordinate the mobile EiE pilot project and also document lessons learnt, support assessments and monitoring and evaluation of the Education in Emergencies components of Plan International’s emergency response. He/she is responsible for assessment, response analysis, design, capacity building. The post holder will also contribute towards the capacity building of Plan Internationals implementing partners.
- Support in documenting lessons learnt and best practices of the pilot project
- With support from M&E team design a Monitoring plan and simple data collection tools to ensure monitoring and data collection of key project indicators.
- Support assessment of Education sector in North East
- Review, assess and update the education situation in areas affected by emergency
- Provide weekly and Monthly progressive reports to the field program coordinator.
- Responsible for community mobilization.
- Highlight education issues requiring a response – both immediate (less than 2 months) and medium term and make recommendations on specific PLAN actions required. Ensure core commitments to children are taken into consideration.
- Ensure key data from assessments could be used as a baseline for program evaluation. If additional baseline data is required to evaluate children’s learning outcomes, then work with appropriate colleagues to collect this additional information.
- In collaboration with national and international Education actors, map current institutional response capacities – including conducting an education specific 3Ws.
- Support in designing appropriate education interventions based on the outcomes of assessments and the context. Inclusion of quality issues in education and learning outcomes is really important.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience Education in Emergencies
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Experience in mobile EiE unit’s desirable but not essential
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Languages: Excellent command of English language
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.