PLAN International is currently implementing a three (3) year project entitled “Collaborative Action Against Trafficking”. The overall goal of the project is to capacitate the government, communities and civil society to realize effective protection mechanisms preventing girls and boys up to 17 years old and young women and young men aged 18 to 30 years from all forms of human trafficking and provide recovery support to victims of human trafficking. The project will be implemented in three years, covering four provinces – Leyte and Southern Leyte in Eastern Visayas, Misamis Oriental in Northern Mindanao and Surigao del Norte in Caraga.
In this regard, PLAN International Philippines invites highly competent, experienced and committed professionals to fill the following position:
The Project Manager leads PLAN’s project team assigned in the Visayas and provides supervision to the project implementing partner in Mindanao. She/He is responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the part of the project which is assigned to PLAN. This role is based in Catbalogan City, Western Samar, Philippines.
Some of the other key responsibilities are: 1.) prepare detailed implementation plan (DIP) based on approved grant proposal, project results framework and budget, 2.) supervise the project team/staff in implementing each of the activities laid out in the plans, 3.) ensure that all project operations related reports are accurate and submitted on time, and 4.) ensure proper documentation of implementation processes of the projects.
- University degree in social work, psychology, social sciences, public administration and/or any related field. A post-graduate degree is an advantage.
- Has relevant training on rights-based programming; community development; project management; child protection; child sexual exploitation and abuse; child trafficking; gender-based violence; and policy and program management.
- Has at least five (5) years’ experience in program management within an international NGO.
- Has demonstrated the ability to manage budgets and programs.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the Philippines without restrictions. Local applicants are preferred.