Application closing date: 25 April 2018
The European Banking Authority is seeking a suitable candidate for the position of a Policy Expert in the area accounting and valuation. In particular, under the overall management of the Director of the Banking Markets, Innovation and Consumers Department and reporting to the Head of the Reporting, Loan management and Transparency Unit, the Policy Expert will contribute to the EBA work in the areas of accounting, valuation and prudential treatment of assets. The Policy Expert will also contribute to the development of the EBA’s policy stances in the EU and other international fora and will represent the EBA externally at a technical level in his/her area of expertise.
Supporting the EBA’s policy work on accounting, valuation and prudential treatment of assets. Contributing to development of high-quality standards as well as ensuring their effective and consistent application.
- Preparing policy stances and providing policy advice in the area of accounting, valuation and prudential treatment of assets;
- Contributing to the development of guidelines binding technical standards and opinions/reports in the area of accounting and valuation in line with the EBA Work Program and ensuring their timely completion;
- Contributing to other areas of the department using their skills to advise on issues relevant to loan management and reporting;
- Externally representing the EBA at a technical level in his/her area of expertise;
- Providing support to internal committees and subgroups and their chairpersons;
- Developing EBA opinions and providing input into the relevant standard-setting process;
- Cooperating effectively with the other ESAs and the ESRB, especially with a view to the development of coordinated and possibly joint policy stances, guidelines and standards.
1. Eligibility Criteria
To be considered eligible, candidates must satisfy all the criteria listed below, by the deadline for submitting applications.
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, or a national of the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway);
- Be entitled to his/her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
To be eligible, a candidate must have
a) A level of education, which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is at least three years,
b) A level of education, which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more.
1.2.2 Professional Experience
To qualify for the position a candidate must have at least 7 years (on the basis of 1.2.1 a)), or at least 6 years (on the basis of 1.2.1 b)) of relevant proven fulltime professional experience after completing the education as mentioned above of which at least 3 years of experience in banking regulation or banking supervision dealing in particular with accounting and valuation aspects.
1.2.3 Knowledge of Languages
For working purposes, as English is the working language of the EBA, an excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken, is required. Native English speakers will be tested to prove their second language skills, in accordance with section 1.1.\