Application closing date: 30 April 2018
You will assess the needs and build the technical and networking capacity of staff, management and board members of selected vocational training institutes to develop and implement strategies to strengthen access and linkages to private sector companies in oil and gas related sectors; to increase marketability and relevance of courses as well as apprenticeship, internships, sponsorship and private sector investment opportunities.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- A degree or equivalent in respective field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with apprenticeship schemes
- Experience of corporate social responsibility schemes
- Experience of identifying labour demand; skills needs
- Strong networking and partnership building skills and experience
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience of working with/training low capacity teams
- Effective communications skills (including IT skills and report writing)
- Experience of local labour schemes
- Experience of working with/training low capacity teams/grass root organisations
- Prior experience of working in developing countries (in Africa, in an NGO
- Motorbike experience or willingness to learn
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic but meet VSOs requirements for security and facilities
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.