Speak to CTBTO about this role at Global Careers for Women 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief to:
- Be responsible for the planning, development and management of procurement and contractual aspects of strategic and complex projects related to CTBTO worldwide procurement of services, equipment and supplies;
- Engage in active consultations with the requesting officer on the specifications, delivery dates, possible suppliers and optimal procurement strategy;
- Prepare/oversee the preparation and distribution of invitations to bid and manage/conduct all aspects of bid evaluations including coordination and negotiation of terms with preferred contractor, submission to the Committee on Contracts and the Legal and Finance Review Team, as appropriate, as well as liaising with substantive sections and the Legal and Financial Services Sections;
- Administer the implementation of concluded contracts and advise concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations; supervise staff members/consultants; establish and maintain the work programme and schedule for new and on-going contracts; monitor implementation of related procurement plans; formulate strategies and design innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for procurement projects;
- Conduct market research to keep abreast of market developments, research and analyze statistical data and market reports on the world situation in relation to production and availability of goods and services. Identify new products/services, evaluate and recommend potential supply sources and coordinate/participate in the incorporation of research results into the procurement plan;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced university degree in public or business administration, law, economics or a related field; Additional study or training in accounting or law is an asset; A first-level degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance degree;
- At least seven years of relevant working experience part of which should have been in an international environment, in the field of procurement of services, equipment and supplies in particular contracts negotiation; UNDP/CIPS Level 3 or equivalent qualification, as a minimum;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of other languages is desirable.
PLEASE NOTE: These vacancies are not open vacancies, but examples of profiles recruiters will be looking for at the Global Careers for Women event | 1st March.