Recruiters representing IRC MENA will be available at our next event. Register here
Employee Category:Full Time
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Senior Procurement Advisor, Systems & Capacity should come with a strong commitment to humanitarian principles and with previous experience working within the humanitarian sector; IRC procurement experience is ideal.
The Senior Procurement Advisor will have 3 key areas of responsibility: assessment, systems improvement and capacity-building. The Senior Procurement Advisor will assess, review and upgrade the performance of the Procurement department and follow-up on a quality control level to address areas of attention and the capacity of the team in Lebanon to be able to cater for the programs and beneficiaries.
The position will also be charged with building-up local capacity to support in country procurement to enable the delivery of logistical services in-line with IRC procedures ensuring the right quality and optimized procurement service that meets the operational needs.
- Focus on building the capacity of the procurement department to conduct the required country level procurement activities for IRC as per Donors and IRC regulations.
- Ensure that the procurement cycle is being implemented in its best practice and as per Donors and IRC regulations.
- Work as a coordinator between programs and the Procurement department following-up on the initial procurement plan and the timely delivery of products.
- Provide monthly reports to the Supply Chain Coordinator and the Deputy Director, Operations (DDO) on the achievements and performance of the Procurement department.
- Place Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to manage the level of performance of the Procurement Department and its staff.
- Lead the Procurement Team towards upgrading existing systems which includes Supplier databases, performance of suppliers, risk management in the procurement cycle.
- Support the procurement process by guiding, auditing, and coaching the team making sure that value-for-money is maintained.
- Work closely with the SCC, DDO and the Regional Supply Chain Director by suggesting ideas, plans, upgrades, reports to enhance the performance of the Procurement department.
- Provide training to Procurement Staff and concentrate on capacity building.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: SCC & DDO Position directly supervises: Procurement Department
Indirect Reporting: n/a Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Regional Supply Chain Director
- Minimum 5 years of progressive Purchasing and Procurement, organizational training development experience, and coaching leadership.
- Proficient at documenting process maps and developing SOPs
- Preferably knowledge in Donors and/or IRC SC SOP’s
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in and Arabic is a plus.
Standard office work environment. Ability to travel in-country where IRC operates, expected to be 25%
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.