Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Global Communities is currently implementing a multi-sectoral program in northern Syria from its base in Gaziantep, Turkey, delivering relief items, providing shelter support and food security activities, and supporting community protection and resilience.
Global Communities is seeking a full-time Program Manager to oversee the day to day management of a humanitarian program in northern Syria from its base in Gaziantep, Turkey, including designing and implementing program work plans, managing sub-grantees/contracts and local staff, and drafting program reports. This position is based in Global Communities’ office in Gaziantep, Turkey, and reports to the Program Director.
- Work the with Program Director and Finance Manager to track program budgets and expenditures
- Draft program work plans, weekly/monthly/quarterly reports, success stories, and other correspondence as required
- Supervise a team of approximately 5 local staff
- Work closely with local staff to ensure the smooth running of large WASH activities including the delivery of water trucking in a large camp setting, the sanitation activities and increase of water and sewerage infrastructure lines inside the camp
- Provide concrete training and on-the-job mentoring for local national staff
- Closely mentor local partner organizations and provide training and capacity development activities to improve their program and organizational capacity
- Oversee day to day program activities to ensure that activities are implemented in accordance with donor-approved work plan and budget
- Represent Global Communities at relevant cluster/sector working group meetings
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in USAID rules and regulations; prior experience working on USAID-funded programs required; experience working on USAID/OFDA-funded programs preferred.
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of Arabic and/or Turkish highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively senior international development experience.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working in emergency, post-conflict, or post-disaster settings on humanitarian programming, especially WASH activities.
- Experience working with local national staff and building local capacity.
- Experience working with sub-grantees and/or local partner organizations.
- Prior experience in remote management strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in the MENA region preferred.